After we close, how much longer do I have to wait to book a ressie?

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
This is the part I am confused about. I know closing takes 6 to 7 weeks. Then what happens after that?
Can I book a ressie the day we close?
How long do I have to wait?
I appreciate the help!
Thanks!

It depends on what you consider closing. Here are the steps:

- Agree on offer
- Send deposit, signed contracts (might take 1-2 weeks depending on seller)
- Disney ROFR (4 weeks)
- File transfered from Resale Company to Title Company (might take 1 week)
- Sign final contracts, send full amount (might take 1-3 weeks depending on seller)
- Final documents sent to Disney. Disney enters them in the system (2 weeks).

Once both account information and points are entered (usually 1 day after the other), you can make a reservation (Once you get your membership Number).

It depends on what you consider closing. Here are the steps:

- Agree on offer
- Send deposit, signed contracts (might take 1-2 weeks depending on seller)
- Disney ROFR (4 weeks)
- File transfered from Resale Company to Title Company (might take 1 week)
- Sign final contracts, send full amount (might take 1-3 weeks depending on seller)
- Final documents sent to Disney. Disney enters them in the system (2 weeks).

Once both account information and points are entered (usually 1 day after the other), you can make a reservation (Once you get your membership Number).

So I don't have to have the paperwork to make my reservation? So I am looking at basically 3 months?

Our last add-on purchase in December took 54 days from start to finish. I think it would have been shorter but it got lost at the DVC for 2 weeks during the holidays.

Here's the timeline starting with closing:

December 13, 2011

Escrow closed on deed
Awaiting posting of new points to existing DVC account.

December 14, 2011

Deed on file at Orange County Comptroller

December 27, 2011

New deed appears in Master Account, but no points

December 28, 2011

New points are in Master Account and available for booking

We closed on the 16th, but our broker didn't submit the paperwork to DVC until the 19th. We started calling MA on the 23rd to check on progress and get the online account set up. We had access to make a reservation on the 27th. I thought the timeline seemed pretty reasonable.

Good Luck!

Here's my timeline:

1/9 -- Agree on a deal
1/10 -- Receive contract, sign and faxed back
1/13 -- Seller's contract received, contract is sent to ROFR
2/8 -- Notified we passed ROFR
2/22 -- Received closing docs
2/23 -- Sent closing docs back
2/29 -- Closing company received seller's closing docs
3/6 -- New membership sent to Disney
3/20 -- Membership is in Disney system, along with points, made first reservation

So all in all, my purchase took about 70 days start to finish and about nine weeks once we were sent for ROFR.

Here's my timeline:

1/9 -- Agree on a deal
1/10 -- Receive contract, sign and faxed back
1/13 -- Seller's contract received, contract is sent to ROFR
2/8 -- Notified we passed ROFR
2/22 -- Received closing docs
2/23 -- Sent closing docs back
2/29 -- Closing company received seller's closing docs
3/6 -- New membership sent to Disney
3/20 -- Membership is in Disney system, along with points, made first reservation

So all in all, my purchase took about 70 days start to finish and about nine weeks once we were sent for ROFR.

How did you know that the membership was in Disney's system? Did you call or did they call you?

How did you know that the membership was in Disney's system? Did you call or did they call you?

I called Member Administration. If you don't call, you'll get a letter in the mail notifying you of your new membership number, but that could take several weeks.

After your close date, the paperwork goes to Disney - it will take probably about a week to get in - longer if they have a lot coming through or are short staffed, less if there aren't a lot of resales happening. You cannot make a reservation until you are in Disney's system...and they don't seem to really rush processing those resales through - their priority is in house contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter