After Hours Star Wars event coming to DHS in April

The Star Wars Celebration convention is in Orlando from April 13 - April 16:
http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Orlando/Home/

I suspect Disney chose April 14th to capitalize on the 40K+ Star Wars fans that will be attending the convention.

and you would be correct:

In alliance with Star Wars Celebration coming to Orlando, Disney will be holding an after-hours hard ticket event at Hollywood Studios called “Star Wars: Galactic Nights”. Star Wars: Galactic Nights will take place on April 14, 2017, from 7:00 PM to midnight. Tickets are available for $124 per child and $129 per adult (plus tax). It is $119.00 for adults and $113.00 for children if you are an Annual Passholder.

I was just reading this over at wdwnt. Sounds awesome but very expensive. And no mention that they would be doing the galactic nighttime spectacular.

Just bought tickets. We miss Star Wars Weekend so this at least looks like a fun event to dress up for!

That's what I was thinking, but maybe the fans can tell us what we're not understanding.

I was excited to read the announcement and then disappointed by the price tag :(

I don't believe this is going to be anything like Star Wars Weekends and just an attempt to grab cash from people who weren't planning to spend money on Disney.

I once made a WDW trip for the DHS villain's unleashed party.

This is the type of thing I'd make a special trip for if it was good. Does not appeal to this SW fan. There have been many opportunities to meet Vader and Fett. Ewoks are offered but are listed near the storm trooper walk abouts, so I wonder if the ewoks will just be frolicking behind the fence at their village.

The scavenger hunt does not appeal to me.

I'm thinking maybe it's just to get the convention goers who wouldn't otherwise have gone to a park into the parks.

So HS is closing at 7 still in april. joy.. with the convention in town, I'm surprised they didn't really jack up the price.

That will be huge. Disney knows their audience, I'm sure it will be great.

A mini version of SWW with an enormous price tag that few can afford. If they do this every year and never bring back SWW, I will be very upset.

Well when I attended a similiar things several years ago during a Star Wars Celebration there were special things, like an exclusive mash up show of Indiana Jones and Star Wars in the Indiana Jones stage. Exclusive fireworks (though thats probably similar to what they now show). The price is high, but hopefully it will be extra special... just bought my tickets since I'm there for Celebration. Hoping its worth the price tag -_-

Honestly it seems a little pointless, the character meet and greets are kind of standard. I think the whole Episode 7 celebration at DHS was better. If it was a bit lower in price I might have gone, but I already shelled out a lot of money for the actual convention so I think I might skip on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!