After dark animal viewing at AKL

No lights and many of the animals go inside.

that being said, there will be opportunities to see some critters after dark.. either from your room( if applicable) or at a couple of spots at the resort. Bonfire optional.

Well since you’re apparently not going until 2022 (based on your other post), who knows. Pre-pandemic they had night vision goggles you could use.

In pre-covid times you could use night vision goggles to see animals on the savannah at the station near Jambo's pool. Once the sun sets you can't really see anything otherwise.

Does anyone know if they are doing the night vision currently? We’re going in 2 weeks.

We had a savanna view room and late arrival back when our kids were around 12 and 15. Our eyes were able to adjust to the darkness. Who knows, maybe it was a full moon? Anyway, the 4 of us stood on our balcony peering out trying to see animals when it became very clear that 2 animals were um, getting natural, with each other. I was not expecting this within the first 5 mins of our arrival. :laughing:

We had a savanna view room and late arrival back when our kids were around 12 and 15. Our eyes were able to adjust to the darkness. Who knows, maybe it was a full moon? Anyway, the 4 of us stood on our balcony peering out trying to see animals when it became very clear that 2 animals were um, getting natural, with each other. I was not expecting this within the first 5 mins of our arrival. :laughing:
lol wow. Yea maybe I got the room on a night where there was a sliver of the moon.

In past trips when we had savanna views we were able to make out some of the animals after dark. It was different this time at Jambo, the savanna was pitch black and we couldn't really see much at all. We are wondering if it's because with the first four floors being unoccupied, there is no light coming from any of those rooms when normally there would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter