After 10 years when V and A was finally an option...

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
Celebrating our 10 year anniversary at wdw next April (circumstances willing of course).
Had to cancel our 2 week april trip this year staying at AKL and rebooked for WL 2021. So we thought ok, it's our 10 year anniversary, we will use the extra time and splash out on v and a.
No clue if it will be open though! 🙁🙁🙁
Anyone heard a whisper?

There haven't been any announcements and/or rumors regarding V&A. I think we all hope that most restaurants will be operational by then, I'm sure Disney does as well. I would suggest to make a back-up plan that you're happy with and hope for the best. Hope you have an amazing anniversary trip!

There haven't been any announcements and/or rumors regarding V&A. I think we all hope that most restaurants will be operational by then, I'm sure Disney does as well. I would suggest to make a back-up plan that you're happy with and hope for the best. Hope you have an amazing anniversary trip!
Thank you so much. We are definitely hanging loose and we will just see what is available if / when we go. 😊 just typical isnt it that we have lusted after this restaurant for 10 years 😂
#2020problems

Thank you so much. We are definitely hanging loose and we will just see what is available if / when we go. 😊 just typical isnt it that we have lusted after this restaurant for 10 years 😂
#2020problems
The good thing is that dining reservations are only able to be made 60 days out now, so you don't have to worry about getting a table 6 months out anymore.

I went for my 50th birthday in March 2020 and I was seriously disappointed with V&A. Served food in first course I had specificity said I didn’t like (cilantro) and this was after the waiter confirmed my request. They severed the dishes to the wrong guests in this case. At the end of the meal we got the bill and had never been offered chocolates that are included. We had to ask for them. Service was just not what one would expect and I felt ripped off tipping them so much after these stumbles. One would have expected perfection at this price, not numerous mistakes. Beyond that while the food and drink was good, the fish dish we had at The Wave the night before was a better meal at 1/10 the price.

In the end the bill for 2 came to almost $1100 with tip. Not worth it.

We are going to Disney in early OCT for our 30th anniversary and I really wanted to go to to V&A but so far it has not opened. I have been several times and the last time we did the chefs table and absolutely loved it. That was a once in a life time dinner but would love to go to the regular dining room. I keep looking everyday just in case it opens. :)

I went for my 50th birthday in March 2020 and I was seriously disappointed with V&A. Served food in first course I had specificity said I didn’t like (cilantro) and this was after the waiter confirmed my request. They severed the dishes to the wrong guests in this case. At the end of the meal we got the bill and had never been offered chocolates that are included. We had to ask for them. Service was just not what one would expect and I felt ripped off tipping them so much after these stumbles. One would have expected perfection at this price, not numerous mistakes. Beyond that while the food and drink was good, the fish dish we had at The Wave the night before was a better meal at 1/10 the price.

Did you ask for the manager?

Did you ask for the manager?
No that’s not usually my response. It was my 50th birthday and I didn’t care to make a fuss. Plus the meal was a gift from my best friend. But I don’t mind relating to folks a word to the wise. You may pay a lot but I personally think it is not worth it.

I absolutely understand your sentiment of not wanting to complain and spoil a special occasion. We have all been there!
The cost is interesting. My daughter and I are supposed to be staying at a WDW resort in October. Who knows whether it will happen. Plan B is a week in Athens, which has, I think, at least one, two Michelin starred restaurant and numerous one Michelin starred restaurants, all at about Euro 150 or less for their tasting menus. Plan C (if Athens goes into lockdown) is a staycation and visit some Michelin starred restaurants here. Again the 9 course tasting menus are in the region of £130.
I sometimes ask, why are we paying at WDW, for quite mediocre food, vastly more than we would pay for amazing food in Europe? Frozen lobster at Narcoosee?!!!! Why for $1100 you could probably fly to Europe and eat at a Michelin starred restaurant.

No that’s not usually my response. It was my 50th birthday and I didn’t care to make a fuss. Plus the meal was a gift from my best friend. But I don’t mind relating to folks a word to the wise. You may pay a lot but I personally think it is not worth it.
That is a shame. Speaking as someone who put themselves through college working in fine dining restaurants, I have no issues with summoning a manager when receiving sub-par service. It can be a teaching moment for the server. I do take in account if there is extenuating circumstances like they were triple sat etc. I also don't complain if the service issue was something minor, like not refilling the water glass without my prompting.

On the otherhand, I will request the manager, if I get exceptional service.

If a manager is any good they welcome feedback, both positive or bad.

I had the best meal of my life there, and our waiter was incredible. I will say we started with a different waiter, and when my DS son started asking questions about the menu (he went to culinary school but is only a chef by hobby) a different waiter appeared and stayed with us for the rest of the evening. This waiter was phenomenal. The food was amazing. And the wine pairing was what I was most impressed by. I would give it a try and hopefully you will have a top notch experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter