Affordable off-site hotel with suites?

NoNameNecessary

Earning My Ears
I really prefer to just stay off site, not in a Disney hotel. I was wondering if some of you can recommend an affordable hotel with suites. There's only 3 of us (hubby, me, and will-be-10 year old) going but when I vacation, I really like to have SPACE at the end of the day.

I would like to find one with a nice pool, with easy access to Disney. I'm open to condo rental as well.

Have you tried vista cay? I stayed there last year, we paid $950 for a two bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and in room laundry facilities and a balcony overlooking the pool. The master bedroom has an en suite and the second bedroom has it's own bathroom. Big living space and three tvs! I'd highly recommend it, the club house is stunning, two pools and in a great location near the convention centre.

We have stayed at the Hilton grand vacations club at Sea world. It's a beautiful hotel and inexpensive. We were looking for this fall and some nights it's under $100. for the week we are looking at in Dec it is $134 with a triple a discount. We are hoping it goes down for then or for February.

We have stayed at the Hilton grand vacations club at Sea world. It's a beautiful hotel and inexpensive. We were looking for this fall and some nights it's under $100. for the week we are looking at in Dec it is $134 with a triple a discount. We are hoping it goes down for then or for February.

WOW! How can I get a triple discount? :cheer2:

WOW! How can I get a triple discount? :cheer2:

I believe they meant they got a AAA discount (ie triple a).

Really close at Downtown Disney there is Buena Vista Suites, Doubletree Suites and I think Buena Vista Palace has suites. Mousesavers.com usually has some kind of discount for one or more of them.

We rented a townhouse in April, and it was really clean. The unit was nicely decorated, and had its own hot tub, we paid $89/night, but price varies depending on season. The owner Clement responds quickly and our deposit was returned quickly. Our unit was maybe 6 miles away from Disney, but he has places closer also. It was nice to have a kitchen. Not that I cooked but I could reheat leftovers, and have a decent breakfast. I also think it made D2 more comfortable. Also had a washer and dryer. We stayed in Coral Cay #2. 5 adults and DD. it was so large 1 room wasn't used. My parents and grandma came. My mom is disabled, and needed a downstairs room. It worked really well.

http://www.*****************.com/

Really close at Downtown Disney there is Buena Vista Suites, Doubletree Suites and I think Buena Vista Palace has suites. Mousesavers.com usually has some kind of discount for one or more of them.

Yes a AAA. Discount. Sorry.

The Point Orlando Resort. They have Studios, 1 Bed and 2 Bed Suites and are very reasonable! They have a Fall Deal right now where you can get the Studio rate for a 1 Bedroom at $89/night. Great reviews on Trip Advisor as well. :thumbsup2

thanks! I thought I could get another inside trick from Disboards on getting the best for my money.:thumbsup2

Marriott Courtyard Lake Buena Vista (Not the one in the Marriott village) has two room suites. Beds in one room, living room with fold out sofa bed and kitchenette in the other. You can often get this pretty cheap and the pool is nice.

Shearton Lake Buena Vista has the same type of set up but a little higher priced after their remodel.

Both of these are VERY close to DTD and an easy commute (get the hotel to tell you the 'back door' route! )

There are lots of options. But check because some suites don't have "doors" For example I am in a Spring Hill suites this week. It's very nice but there's no door just a half wall between the living and the sleeping area. Since I am solo that's not a problem at all.

The Residence Inn also generally has 1 bedroom suites. (The studio suites are nice but again no door!)

By all means, forget hotels and rent a condo or house. We go every year and rent. In fact, we're leaving next Thursday and staying at a 3-bedroom townhouse in Windsor Palms. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer, private pool, living room, big screen TV, game system, DVDs, all kinds of space. We've rented there a couple of other times and have also rented condos in the same development. You can rent a house for less than the price of a hotel room. About $100/night gets you a great place. You can get a condo for less than that.

disneysteve said:
By all means, forget hotels and rent a condo or house. We go every year and rent. In fact, we're leaving next Thursday and staying at a 3-bedroom townhouse in Windsor Palms. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, full kitchen, washer and dryer, private pool, living room, big screen TV, game system, DVDs, all kinds of space. We've rented there a couple of other times and have also rented condos in the same development. You can rent a house for less than the price of a hotel room. About $100/night gets you a great place. You can get a condo for less than that.

I agree. Our townhouse was great. We have a room booked during FD at Disney, but we still may choose a house instead.

Embassy Suites - Lake Buena Vista. We stayed there last year. Free full breakfast every morning (including made to order omelettes) and free reception each night (i.e. alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks with snacks). Easy drive to DTD and all parks.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is as close to disney as you can get without being in a disney hotel. It is a beautiful timeshare resort with great rates. We paid more for our room at the Comfort Suites than we paid for a 2 BR condo. Check e-bay for great rates.

It is an aging resort with Avery nice pool, friendly staff, nice bbqs, but if you have a problem with a flood from a water heater in the unit aboveyou, no one is responsible, not Windsor palms, not the people you rented from, not the people who owned the unit above you who had the water heater in a cracked pan and not connected to an outside drain!!!

You will have to cover your own losses, and believe me homeowners is only good for thousands of dollars in losses, and travel insurance does not cover flood from plumbing problems. Also, when we were there they were repairing another unit where there had been a fire!!! So, avoid Windsor Palms, unless you have excellent travel insurance!!!!!

It is an aging resort with Avery nice pool, friendly staff, nice bbqs, but if you have a problem with a flood from a water heater in the unit aboveyou, no one is responsible, not Windsor palms, not the people you rented from, not the people who owned the unit above you who had the water heater in a cracked pan and not connected to an outside drain!!!

You will have to cover your own losses, and believe me homeowners is only good for thousands of dollars in losses, and travel insurance does not cover flood from plumbing problems. Also, when we were there they were repairing another unit where there had been a fire!!! So, avoid Windsor Palms, unless you have excellent travel insurance!!!!!

Whoa! I'm not sure what happened to you at Windsor Palms but please don't trash an entire neighborhood due to one bad experience. WP is a gated community made up of hundreds of single homes, condos and town houses, both rentals and owner-occupied units. We've rented there many times and will be checking in to a townhouse there on Friday. I highly recommend it to those looking to rent offsite for many reasons.

What happens if a pipe bursts and the unit gets flooded? I would imagine the exact same thing as if a hotel pipe bursts and my hotel room gets flooded. Our stuff gets wet. We wouldn't have "thousands of dollars in losses" because we don't travel with thousands of dollars of stuff. And most of the stuff would be clothing that could be washed. We might lose a suitcase or two and maybe a laptop but that's about it. And that could happen in a hotel just as well as in a rental property. Same for a fire. I'm not really sure why you would single out Windsor Palms.

We are renting a 2 bedroom villa that sleeps 8 at Holiday Inn Orange Lake River Island for $106 a night if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter