Status
Not open for further replies.

What is this building used for? I've never noticed it before and it looks massive!

Totally agree that this building is massive. When you are in Epcot and walking between Canada and the UK areas, you may see a double gated door. That is sort of the entrance to this building. During the DIS 20th last summer, the concert for Jodi Benson was held in part of it due to threat of inclement weather. Most of the time most people don't even notice this area since the gates/doors to the area are typically closed.

Oh I know it does, but if you move the Private events to say a pavilion you are currently doing the roof on, and then put in a ride back there. Take it out of World Showcase and move it more towards future world. Both buildings are massive so both would still be big enough for private events, If they are serious about the Marry Poppins rumor then their really isnt another space to put a ride in behind the UK Pavilion. They could put a small ride in the stand of trees between The gate and UK but that might still be tight and would put a pretty big size/ capacity restriction on the area, not to mention the foot traffic issue. Would make since to use that building and then just move the private events to a different area of the park

Oh I know it does, but if you move the Private events to say a pavilion you are currently doing the roof on, and then put in a ride back there. Take it out of World Showcase and move it more towards future world. Both buildings are massive so both would still be big enough for private events, If they are serious about the Marry Poppins rumor then their really isnt another space to put a ride in behind the UK Pavilion. They could put a small ride in the stand of trees between The gate and UK but that might still be tight and would put a pretty big size/ capacity restriction on the area, not to mention the foot traffic issue. Would make since to use that building and then just move the private events to a different area of the park
I think they have other plans for that building where the roof is being worked on...

I think they have other plans for that building where the roof is being worked on...
I agree they probably do have other ideas for the for mentioned building, but Disney if the Mary Poppins rumor is true they would kinda before forced to either move the events to a different location or somehow build around it and/or take space from that building.

I agree they probably do have other ideas for the for mentioned building, but Disney if the Mary Poppins rumor is true they would kinda before forced to either move the events to a different location or somehow build around it and/or take space from that building.
The plan is to build around it.

if you move the Private events to say a pavilion you are currently doing the roof on
The WSP facility, my home base, is in bad shape, it's needs to either be refurbished or torn down. If the total area of the Wonders pavilion is close to the WSP's area, it could be the new WSP.

ETA, when the WSP is not available, the Wonders pavilion is used for large private events.

Last edited:
The WSP facility, my home base, is in bad shape, it's needs to either be refurbished or torn down. If the total area of the Wonders pavilion is close to the WSP's area, it could be the new WSP.

ETA, when the WSP is not available, the Wonders pavilion is used for large private events.
If I’m not mistaken I think that WSP wasn’t meant to be a permanent instillation but a temporary thing. If so it’s incredibly past it’s intended life span

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter