Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @rteetz - what's this Walt's place you speak of? If its just like a bar with smoking and scotch, it would definitely carry Walt's memory and my dad would so keep it in my business...
Well we don't know if it's still on or not. It was supposed to be a bar but more of a speakeasy type hidden place.

It looks like the area outside of the Writer's Stop will not be part of SWL... Does that mean that the Writer's Stop could return? Will this plaza be themed after the Muppets or something else?

They could beef up that area with more muppets.

I still think the muppets America show from Magic Kingdom will move to Hollywood Studios and go in that repainted section of streets of America

I loved The Muppet Show as a kid... the GOOD one from years ago... but I'm still not sure there's evidence of the appeal today... an attraction that never has a wait, canceled TV shows... I dunno...

...so if the whole place was in disarray...wouldn't that mean that's the lines in AK should be longer?

If the bulk of the problems were in AK, one would think so. However, people go to the parks they go to, and AK is still not on the top of the list except for Pandora right now, and those lines were consistent at 3+ hours for the entire two weeks we were there. That was my only point. Seeing a moment where the lines dipped to 30 minutes really never happened at Pandora, at least not for any lengthy period. You and I have both commented repeatedly that, in general, WDW is in disarray, especially with regards to having people spread out in the parks and between the parks. Disarray in MK doesn't get people to change parks, it just has them get in a different line in MK.

If the bulk of the problems were in AK, one would think so. However, people go to the parks they go to, and AK is still not on the top of the list except for Pandora right now, and those lines were consistent at 3+ hours for the entire two weeks we were there. That was my only point. Seeing a moment where the lines dipped to 30 minutes really never happened at Pandora, at least not for any lengthy period. You and I have both commented repeatedly that, in general, WDW is in disarray, especially with regards to having people spread out in the parks and between the parks. Disarray in MK doesn't get people to change parks, it just has them get in a different line in MK.

Right...I'm not disagreeing with you...

But this is also an early indication that avatar has done nothing to "move the bar"...no?

It looks like the area outside of the Writer's Stop will not be part of SWL... Does that mean that the Writer's Stop could return? Will this plaza be themed after the Muppets or something else?

Correct, that area will not be part of SWL but will be a city street that will lead into SWL. Supposedly there is going to be a wall separating it from Muppets so it will not be themed to match the Muppets area.

Correct, that area will not be part of SWL but will be a city street that will lead into SWL. Supposedly there is going to be a wall separating it from Muppets so it will not be themed to match the Muppets area.

It was recently demolished

Any thoughts on what the themeing will be - or is it just "random city street not really having anything to do with anything else, nor related to Star Wars Land which you are all just trying to get to anyway"?

Any thoughts on what the themeing will be - or is it just "random city street not really having anything to do with anything else, nor related to Star Wars Land which you are all just trying to get to anyway"?

Disney usually does a decent job of transitions, but I've wondered about that too. From what I hear about Pandora, it certainly sounds like they've still got the stuff.

Disney usually does a decent job of transitions, but I've wondered about that too. From what I hear about Pandora, it certainly sounds like they've still got the stuff.

They definitely did a good job with Pandora not letting you see much until you get into the land and it "unveils" in front of you - and I expect the same here for the actual land. Just seems weird to have the one city block looking section if it doesn't relate to anything else outside of the land

I loved The Muppet Show as a kid... the GOOD one from years ago... but I'm still not sure there's evidence of the appeal today... an attraction that never has a wait, canceled TV shows... I dunno...

They seem intent on sticking with the muppets..I can't explain it.

And I LIKE the muppets...but those franchises seem trapped in the 20th century.

They seem intent on sticking with the muppets..I can't explain it.

And I LIKE the muppets...but those franchises seem trapped in the 20th century.
Along with the film in the studios. I'm just asking for an upgrade....love the humor....but it's kinda dated

Right...I'm not disagreeing with you...

But this is also an early indication that avatar has done nothing to "move the bar"...no?

Agreed. It is a start, but is not enough for most people. It also doesn't help that people spend about half a day in line for the two Pandora rides and can't disperse through the parks. I still think the third ride plus a variety of other additions would start to help.

Agreed. It is a start, but is not enough for most people. It also doesn't help that people spend about half a day in line for the two Pandora rides and can't disperse through the parks. I still think the third ride plus a variety of other additions would start to help.

The key is a redo of dinoland and a new area between Everest and dinoland...

You do that...you have a lot to do for the price of admission...short of that, they'll do nothing but ignore it or pick out its flaws. The die is cast...they need to break the mold and form a new one.

You do that...you have a lot to do for the price of admission...short of that, they'll do nothing but ignore it or pick out its flaws. The die is cast...they need to break the mold and form a new one.
Animal kingdom has soooo much room for expansion it's kinda ridiculous. As you said, the ball is in their court

If they did that they'd have to finish the backside of the Expedition Everest mountain. It is already bad enough you can see the unfinished mountain so well from the parking lot and from Blizzard Beach. Horrible show. And very un-Disney like. I'd hate to see them build a land between Dinoland and Asia and leave that awful corrugated metal sheeting look which you could then see from inside the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter