Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying basically the same thing - but I keep thinking it: The Slinky Dog coaster looks like a fun yet slight little coaster. Seems a lot on par with 7DMT. I think a lot of people will be complaining how short it is.

This is the part of the construction that's fun to watch, when it all starts to really take shape.

The other comment is the gondola station by CBR is really quite large - it clearly has to be the maintenance shed for storage of gondolas when taken off the track. (During events like Irma.)

I find the whole design of this fascinating. I keep picturing there has to be two loops with a change presumably in this building.
Option 1:
Loop 1 is POP/AOA <-> CBR and Loop 2 is DHS - CBR - Riviera - Epcot
OR
Option 2:
Loop 1 is POP/AOA - CBR - DHS and Loop 2 is CBR - Riviera - Epcot

Either way there's a change at CBR, and that would be another reason the station is so big. Much like the TTC you'll have to have two separate queues.

Everything I have heard is three loops. 1. AOA to CBR South, 2. CBR South to DHS, 3. Epcot to CBR South.

On opening day, the attractions at Animal Kingdom were Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tree of Life (It's tough to be a bug), Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur), Tarzan stage show (now Finding Nemo), Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Conservation Station (now Rafiki's Planet Watch), Gorilla Fall Exploration Trails (now Pangani Forest). There was also a train ride to Conservation Station. I think that's it.

"Journey Into The Jungle Book" was the original show, not "Tarzan". Video of it is on YouTube.

On opening day, the attractions at Animal Kingdom were Kilimanjaro Safaris, Tree of Life (It's tough to be a bug), Countdown to Extinction (Dinosaur), Tarzan stage show (now Finding Nemo), Festival of the Lion King, Flights of Wonder, Conservation Station (now Rafiki's Planet Watch), Gorilla Fall Exploration Trails (now Pangani Forest). There was also a train ride to Conservation Station. I think that's it.

didn't they also have the Discovery River Boats or whatever the boat ride to nowhere was called?

didn't they also have the Discovery River Boats or whatever the boat ride to nowhere was called?
I don't how I could have forgotten the boat ride! I went to AK just a few days after it opened and stood in line with my nephew to ride the boats. I bet we waited over an hour to ride halfway around the "river".

Actually getting pretty excited for Slinky Dog. It looks to be a wonder family coaster ride. Love the block theming.

At least we can look at this as the area being "on time" in terms of construction progress. I don't want to jinx it, but it is good to see the quick progress. No doubt there is plenty of detail work, but shouldn't be on the same level as the rock and vine work at AK.

At least we can look at this as the area being "on time" in terms of construction progress. I don't want to jinx it, but it is good to see the quick progress. No doubt there is plenty of detail work, but shouldn't be on the same level as the rock and vine work at AK.

Pretty sure the Star Wars Lands are "on time" as well ... and yeah, we can want everything quicker - but having those done by 2019 after building Pandora and at the same time as Toy Story Land and the work started on other projects (including the new Micky ride at the same time) to me is pretty good

Not exactly sure what you’re referring too.

Middle left in the below picture.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-1.jpg

I don't think it's a hole, just an indentation. If it were a hole, they'd have culverts or any of a number of osha required things to keep the hole from caving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts