Status
Not open for further replies.

This is very fascincating to me. It really looks like only the one end of the resort (west wing?) is going to actually be facing at an angle to see the fireworks at Epcot and DHS. It just really surprises me that more rooms aren't facing that way to be able to charge more points.

Also, I notice there are 6 stories there so far. Does anyone know how tall they are building this? There could be a LOT of rooms at this resort!!!

I know there's 3 months to go, but the Alien Saucer ride seems waaaaaayyyyy behind making the June 30th date. Slinky Dog Dash looks like it could open tomorrow though.

This is very fascincating to me. It really looks like only the one end of the resort (west wing?) is going to actually be facing at an angle to see the fireworks at Epcot and DHS. It just really surprises me that more rooms aren't facing that way to be able to charge more points.

Also, I notice there are 6 stories there so far. Does anyone know how tall they are building this? There could be a LOT of rooms at this resort!!!

I know there's 3 months to go, but the Alien Saucer ride seems waaaaaayyyyy behind making the June 30th date. Slinky Dog Dash looks like it could open tomorrow though.
AS2 definitely is behind. They must’ve had more issues.

I think we are looking at 10-12 floors in the Riviera.

I think we are looking at 10-12 floors in the Riviera.
Seriously? How many units will it have? I was stunned when I saw this specific photo posted above - stunned about how "wide" it was. I see what I think is five "typical DVC" hallways. Each of those would have the equivalent of six studios, though generally as two studios plus two 1BRs. So 40 units per floor, 9 floors with units... 360 units? Almost BWV size in one third the footprint?

Seriously? How many units will it have? I was stunned when I saw this specific photo posted above - stunned about how "wide" it was. I see what I think is five "typical DVC" hallways. Each of those would have the equivalent of six studios, though generally as two studios plus two 1BRs. So 40 units per floor, 9 floors with units... 360 units? Almost BWV size in one third the footprint?
This is a DVC stand-alone I believe so similar to Saratoga and old key west. I would imagine they will have studios through grand villas too.

Same here. Maybe they will have balconies and you can "look left" to see Illuminations? Buts still.

Slinky Dog Dash looks like it could open tomorrow though.

Why is there a cement path under all of the track? Pick up lost items? Put a ladder to get stuck folks down? Gen maintenance? Guests can't walk under there can they?

The SWGE entrance looks really tight currently. I wonder if that will open up a bit more when complete.

That or they want it single file in and out for crowd control.

Is there a chance it "ropes around" inside so you can be in AC while waiting to get in? Just seems like such a huge area.

Same here. Maybe they will have balconies and you can "look left" to see Illuminations? Buts still.

Why is there a cement path under all of the track? Pick up lost items? Put a ladder to get stuck folks down? Gen maintenance? Guests can't walk under there can they?
All the above. You need access to the coaster.

This is a DVC stand-alone I believe so similar to Saratoga and old key west. I would imagine they will have studios through grand villas too.

There's no way it's as big as SSR, which is massive, but it looks to me like it will compete with AKV for # of units. I hope, hope, hope that they are smart enough to put some excess studios in the design. There should be at least one dedicated studio for every lock-off (studio/1-bed).

There's no way it's as big as SSR, which is massive, but it looks to me like it will compete with AKV for # of units. I hope, hope, hope that they are smart enough to put some excess studios in the design. There should be at least one dedicated studio for every lock-off (studio/1-bed).
Kidani is probably a better comparison. I was mainly comparing this to Saratoga in that it’s a stand-alone DVC rather than attached to a deluxe resort.

Kidani is probably a better comparison. I was mainly comparing this to Saratoga in that it’s a stand-alone DVC rather than attached to a deluxe resort.

Very true. There's really no DVC resort quite like it. It's a single building but also it's own resort. Most are one or the other, but none are both. Kidani is the closest except that Jambo DVC is lumped in with it. Plus it's a tower, which only BLT is, so maybe that will be a better comparison.

I'm very curious to see how this works out.

Skyliner looks on or ahead of schedule. The route between POP/AoA and CBR is practically complete.

I wonder if this will be online by end of 2018...

Skyliner looks on or ahead of schedule. The route between POP/AoA and CBR is practically complete.

I wonder if this will be online by end of 2018...
Nope. Still on pace for Spring-Summer 2019. The stations are still well underway.

Nope. Still on pace for Spring-Summer 2019. The stations are still well underway.

I just look at how much progress has been made in the last 6 months, and with nine months left in the year I don't consider it to be a stretch to see it completed. Those stations will be finished by end of August. At which point, it becomes "how complex is it to hang the cables?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!