Status
Not open for further replies.
Which really isn't relevant to this discussion since most fast food restaurants are a design that has been built dozens if not hundreds of time. The average fast food restaurant also doesn't have the level of artistic detail that this will have and isn't being build as part of a larger project.
Right but the groundbreaking has been done for quite sometime and the structure for the QS restaurant is done. If you read what I was replying to, it was the comment I quoted mentioned the QS restaurant. Sorry I didn’t specify that. I will back out if this discussion now and find another thread to post something more relevant.

Disney arguably doesn't have much incentive to open Toy Storyland as fast as possible. If they did, it would be open by now.

Ha fair. But I was talking about the restaurant, not the land. If Disney wants to have it open by X day, they have the means to make sure a QS restaurant won't be the thing to stop that from happening given a 4 month timeline.

Ha fair. But I was talking about the restaurant, not the land. If Disney wants to have it open by X day, they have the means to make sure a QS restaurant won't be the thing to stop that from happening given a 4 month timeline.

I missed it, is this QS not opening with the new land?

I wonder if they plan to install a fence element after the big turn after the second launch point. Right now you come down that first hill staring right at the go away green building's loading dock. At this point it seems like even if they continue to plant big trees and the coaster already high enough that the riders will see over it.

Seems like a second section of Andy's backyard fence would work well for this.

https://i2.wp.com/orlparkpass.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/tsl8.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/orlparkpass.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/swl33.jpg

Right but the groundbreaking has been done for quite sometime and the structure for the QS restaurant is done. If you read what I was replying to, it was the comment I quoted mentioned the QS restaurant. Sorry I didn’t specify that. I will back out if this discussion now and find another thread to post something more relevant.

I think your post is very relevant. It's a good point - 4 months to go SHOULD be enough time. I just somehow expected it to be further along compared to say 2 months ago.

I think your post is very relevant. It's a good point - 4 months to go SHOULD be enough time. I just somehow expected it to be further along compared to say 2 months ago.

You can already see the scaffolding coming down around the TSMM entrance. The walls are nearly complete on the building exteriors. Interior build out and decorative theming won't take 4 months to finish.

I missed it, is this QS not opening with the new land?

it is - I believe the discussion was around how the quick service location currently doesn't look very complete and then people were chiming in on how quickly it takes a quick service to be built and the point being if Disney wants it done by a certain date it can be - they just aren't pushing as fast as they can with that (or with all of Toy Story Land) as that is not really how Disney does things - they want to space out openings, split construction costs across multiple quarters of earnings, etc.

You can already see the scaffolding coming down around the TSMM entrance. The walls are nearly complete on the building exteriors. Interior build out and decorative theming won't take 4 months to finish.

it is - I believe the discussion was around how the quick service location currently doesn't look very complete and then people were chiming in on how quickly it takes a quick service to be built and the point being if Disney wants it done by a certain date it can be - they just aren't pushing as fast as they can with that (or with all of Toy Story Land) as that is not really how Disney does things - they want to space out openings, split construction costs across multiple quarters of earnings, etc.

Mostly they want thing open for the busy summer season. Big marketing pushes are early summer and the holidays, so anything like this they prefer to open then. Really don't care if things open in September. That's why Pandora opened for memorial Day, as did the "Night-time at Animal Kingdom" stuff, and Frozen Ever After.

I had thought it was all via drone cameras.

Drones are not allowed on Disney property.

As per FAA, http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3634.html

So I guess Disney has additional special permission to fly their own drones though :)

Typically (at least in residential) you can report drones over your house if they cause a nuisance, erratic flying, or within 500' alt, and of course aren't in an already restricted airspace (like proximity to an airport).
Although some operators can get waivers for those restrictions. i.e. filming for a movie near an airport.

Mostly they want thing open for the busy summer season. Big marketing pushes are early summer and the holidays, so anything like this they prefer to open then. Really don't care if things open in September. That's why Pandora opened for memorial Day, as did the "Night-time at Animal Kingdom" stuff, and Frozen Ever After.

There are rumors floating over on the News thread that TSL won't open until end of June. Apparently someone heard from a phone CM (grain of salt and all). It was based on dates Florida passes expire, I believe.
Although the bet it is opening end of May, opening end of June instead might explain the construction rate. Although Disney can pull things together mighty quickly when they want to.

There are rumors floating over on the News thread that TSL won't open until end of June. Apparently someone heard from a phone CM (grain of salt and all). It was based on dates Florida passes expire, I believe.
Although the bet it is opening end of May, opening end of June instead might explain the construction rate. Although Disney can pull things together mighty quickly when they want to.

Admittedly this is just conjecture from the CM based on the black-out dates, and his/her logic is reasonable, but I would certainly not say it is definitive one way or the other. In the end, Disney doesn't like to look like fool by not having something ready on time, so all we really know is they fully expect it to be open in the summer, this in theory could be as late as August, but I would suggest to Disney "open by summer" means before 4th of July. But by memorial weekend seems the most likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!