Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrows point to new entry point to DHS as well as new parking lots under construction.

DA8YBNoWsAAO3i1.jpg

A look at the foundation for the Star Wars Battle attraction. Steel is set aside likely meaning vertical construction will begin soon.

DA8WTQJXkAAfOAV.jpg

A look at both lands underway at DHS

DA8WkZGXYAAGsmI.jpg

A look at the foundation for the Millennium Falcon attraction.

DA8VHXNXYAEIGR4.jpg

A look at Star Wars land

DA8Up8-W0AIOk_4.jpg

A look at the entry way into Star Wars land

DA8TXXBWAAAtHgI.jpg

Hmmmm...I've been wondering if they'll get Toy Story Land opened by next summer. There's certainly a ton of work to do, but they are already laying down track. being not an overly complicated land I COULD see it being done in 12 months. I wonder if D23 will specify dates a little better.

Hmmmm...I've been wondering if they'll get Toy Story Land opened by next summer. There's certainly a ton of work to do, but they are already laying down track. being not an overly complicated land I COULD see it being done in 12 months. I wonder if D23 will specify dates a little better.
If you look closely you can see theming elements going in.

My guess is this could be done within 12 months looking at the latest pictures. This is a far less complicated project than Avatar and when you consider the pace of progress once that went vertical - in recent years Disney seem to drag their heels during the early stages of construction and really ramp it up towards the final stages. Shanghai and Avatar fit that pattern for sure.

With Pandora completed I can imagine focus moving to Toy Story land and it being complete within a year. Once the rides are build I think the theming will be put into place quite quickly

My thinking is what's going to happen after Star Wars land because I believe Hollywood Studios still needs a lot of work and a name change

With Pandora completed I can imagine focus moving to Toy Story land and it being complete within a year. Once the rides are build I think the theming will be put into place quite quickly

My thinking is what's going to happen after Star Wars land because I believe Hollywood Studios still needs a lot of work and a name change
I've said it before in various threads I don't think there's enough ride volume in these expansions to handle the droves that'll show up for Star Wars.

Defiantly not. That corner of the park is going to be so insanely busy and they need to spread that out of the park.

I guess Animation Courtyard is going to get a total rehab as launch bay will go. I'd imagine that area can easily closed off and worked on after Toy Story is open (maybe after Star Wars)

Then you have the area of Star Tours and Indiana jones. Star Tours will go and the stunt show may be updated or replaced with a ride. This area I think will be left till last.

Then there's sunset boulevard which is a total mid match of rides and themes. If ToT is staying as is, then they need to theme this area better as RnR, ToT and BATB doesn't really mix

Toy story will be done by this time next year.

Toy story will be done by this time next year.

That's what I was thinking looking at where the progress is. The question on everyone's mind here I'm sure is, will it be open by May 5-12 when I'm there! I'm starting to think they may have it open by the spring break season.

Is the Pixar area going to be something else now that toy story land is opening and the entrance to mania is moving to inside the new land?

Some new pictures from Bioreconstruct's Twitter

A closer look at at the new DHS entrance from Osceola Pkway:

DBhdnvZXYAEhh9k.jpg

Pillars and location of overpass over Victory Way

DBhc7aaXkAATmaP.jpg

DBhc8xKXUAEC5Nb.jpg

Demolition at Carribean Beach:

DBfmH8wXcAASWCk.jpg

Another look at TSL, near the Alien Saucers ride:

DBgXO_dWsAAzJ23.jpg:large

Closer look at a facade going up near Muppet Courtyard

DBhSWUTXYAAOoLR.jpg:large

Part of SWL, in relation to Pixar Place and Muppet Courtyard

DBhT-XNW0AImU9u.jpg:large

Top Arrow: DHS fireworks launch site
Bottom Arrow: Site of new DHS Cast Building

DBhbJulXoAEZ0Vx.jpg:large

Couple of photos from Disney Springs, large dirt pile across from lime garage as work begins on third garage

DBf3RzMWAAIq1kg.jpg

DBf3T8YXYAMrJwR.jpg

Some new pictures from Bioreconstruct's Twitter

A closer look at at the new DHS entrance from Osceola Pkway:

DBhdnvZXYAEhh9k.jpg

Pillars and location of overpass over Victory Way

DBhc7aaXkAATmaP.jpg

DBhc8xKXUAEC5Nb.jpg

Demolition at Carribean Beach:

DBfmH8wXcAASWCk.jpg

Another look at TSL, near the Alien Saucers ride:

DBgXO_dWsAAzJ23.jpg:large

Closer look at a facade going up near Muppet Courtyard

DBhSWUTXYAAOoLR.jpg:large

Part of SWL, in relation to Pixar Place and Muppet Courtyard

DBhT-XNW0AImU9u.jpg:large

Top Arrow: DHS fireworks launcher
Bottom Arrow: Site of new DHS Cast Building

DBhbJulXoAEZ0Vx.jpg:large

Couple of photos from Disney Springs, large dirt pile across from lime garage as work begins on third garage

DBf3RzMWAAIq1kg.jpg

DBf3T8YXYAMrJwR.jpg
You beat me too it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter