Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good. These pics really give you a good idea of the scope of construction going on. Can’t wait.

Rteetz, Any idea why the skyliner area at CBR is so MASSIVE !?!?!? Like, I have ridden many a gondola system (an Avid snowboarder) the only thing that compares to the size of that are resorts where the gondola either enter or are basically part of a mid-station (or peak) lodge, like a building with eateries and lounges and such in them. That thing is HUGE.

I know its going to be a junction point for a couple different lines, but that is still crazy big !

Rteetz, Any idea why the skyliner area at CBR is so MASSIVE !?!?!? Like, I have ridden many a gondola system (an Avid snowboarder) the only thing that compares to the size of that are resorts where the gondola either enter or are basically part of a mid-station (or peak) lodge, like a building with eateries and lounges and such in them. That thing is HUGE.

I know its going to be a junction point for a couple different lines, but that is still crazy big !
That building is going to house the multiple lines and maintenance bays/storage. It’s almost like the TTC of the gondola system.

In track length yes, but I would not expect the ride time to be longer then 7DMT.

Right because on 7dmt you slow to a crawl for the dark scenes. I was referring to actual time spent on a "roller coaster", like how much time do you spend actually moving at speed.

384054f5-4b74-4105-baaa-6ed40794d287-jpeg.298313
0bdf886a-0937-45ee-821c-c0898174a5fc-jpeg.298314

One thing that is really becoming apparent to me from the more recent pictures is how large the berm is separating SW:GE from the rest of DHS - if you look at where the walls are going up to the distance to the back of the TSMM and M&MRR show buildings are, that seems like quite a large space/gap

One thing that is really becoming apparent to me from the more recent pictures is how large the berm is separating SW:GE from the rest of DHS - if you look at where the walls are going up to the distance to the back of the TSMM and M&MRR show buildings are, that seems like quite a large space/gap

Makes sense, they are probably trying to limit your eyesight from the rest of the park as much as possible to fully immerse you into Star Wars. I wonder if they'll succeed in drowning out the sound of the rest of the park like they did at AKL for Pandora.

Makes sense, they are probably trying to limit your eyesight from the rest of the park as much as possible to fully immerse you into Star Wars. I wonder if they'll succeed in drowning out the sound of the rest of the park like they did at AKL for Pandora.

Definitely a goal - though you could do that with just height, not needing the width - though I suspect part of it is related to the sound element as you point out - won't want you hearing the Slinky Dog coaster or the Indy Stunt Show while inside Galaxy's Edge - and I am sure they will use a lot of sound effects in the land: sound of droids in the background, speeders going overhead, lots of chatter in the marketplace, etc.

Definitely a goal - though you could do that with just height, not needing the width - though I suspect part of it is related to the sound element as you point out - won't want you hearing the Slinky Dog coaster or the Indy Stunt Show while inside Galaxy's Edge - and I am sure they will use a lot of sound effects in the land: sound of droids in the background, speeders going overhead, lots of chatter in the marketplace, etc.
The width gave them more room to plant trees, too.

I hope you are right about that. I never realized how immersive sounds could be until entering Pandora. It really adds that extra feeling of being somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter