Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the coaster as it's being built, I don't know why people are calling it a "kiddie coaster." The hills are very tall and without any "mountains" around and beneath the track, I think it will feel even higher. And two launches? I'm not expecting RnR, but a launch is fun. I am excited for this one!

When I look at the coaster as it's being built, I don't know why people are calling it a "kiddie coaster." The hills are very tall and without any "mountains" around and beneath the track, I think it will feel even higher. And two launches? I'm not expecting RnR, but a launch is fun. I am excited for this one!
I think it would properly be classified as a family coaster, rather than a kiddie coaster.

Nothing on Slinky Dog would meet the definition of "tall", much less "very tall". It is not a "kiddie coaster" like Barnstormer, but it is going to be a mild family coaster with a couple of mild launches. I think the intensity looks like it will be very similar to the mild 7DMT, except unlike 7DMT they are spending minimal time, money, and effort on the theming. So it is really a mix. Barnstormer aesthetics with 7DMT levels of family "thrills".

I actually have really grown to love looking at the aerial photos of the parks, and always great to see the changes happening!

Nothing on Slinky Dog would meet the definition of "tall", much less "very tall". It is not a "kiddie coaster" like Barnstormer, but it is going to be a mild family coaster with a couple of mild launches. I think the intensity looks like it will be very similar to the mild 7DMT, except unlike 7DMT they are spending minimal time, money, and effort on the theming. So it is really a mix. Barnstormer aesthetics with 7DMT levels of family "thrills".

I guess "tall" is relative - and maybe the aerial photos make it look taller...

"Tall" is incredibly subject AND relative. But to me, those are not even close to being tall. They are short, little hills. That being said, this thing is no where near Barn Stormer (a true kiddie coaster), so I am not sure I'd call it "kiddie" ... Family coaster ... maybe. But it looks more tame than even 7DMT or BTMRR ... somewhere between Barn Stormer and 7dmt, close to 7DMT I think by looking at it.

What we need are some ground shots now so we can see the actual height :)

"Tall" is incredibly subject AND relative. But to me, those are not even close to being tall. They are short, little hills. That being said, this thing is no where near Barn Stormer (a true kiddie coaster), so I am not sure I'd call it "kiddie" ... Family coaster ... maybe. But it looks more tame than even 7DMT or BTMRR ... somewhere between Barn Stormer and 7dmt, close to 7DMT I think by looking at it.

What we need are some ground shots now so we can see the actual height :)

Also hard to tell exactly until it is running. So we know how quickly it goes and how it feels going around the turns, etc. Sometimes hard to tell just by looking at a coaster how thrilling (or not) it feels riding it it

But knowing this is going in Toy Story Land and there is already a "grown up" coaster in the park my guess is this will be a family coaster that everyone can ride but maybe even a bit less intense than 7DMT

Both of the new attractions to Sta Wars Galaxy Edge seem pretty thrilling so I would think thethey would want the other new rides to be things kids can ride

Waaaait, are the Alien Spinning Saucers going to be like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree? It kinda looks like it to me! I loooove that ride, I would be so happy to see it at Disney World!
Oh! Me too! We love Mater's and I love the concept of this type of ride being put into WDW! It's so much fun.

for what its worth....and it may already have been suggested.....you could still make Star Tours the entrance point and a connected part of the new land if you start it there in front of Sci-Fi. heres the trick.......high facades down the front of Muppets Courtyard. right beside the Star wars land entrance right near the edge of the Sci-Fi building would be an overpass up and over the entrance to Star Wars Land that also gives a high view of the new land and takes you down the other side to muppets , Pizza and Momma Melrose. it would isolate Muppets Courtyard but would solve a a lot of continuity problems.

for what its worth....and it may already have been suggested.....you could still make Star Tours the entrance point and a connected part of the new land if you start it there in front of Sci-Fi. heres the trick.......high facades down the front of Muppets Courtyard. right beside the Star wars land entrance right near the edge of the Sci-Fi building would be an overpass up and over the entrance to Star Wars Land that also gives a high view of the new land and takes you down the other side to muppets , Pizza and Momma Melrose. it would isolate Muppets Courtyard but would solve a a lot of continuity problems.
Not happening. The SoA facades still standing are staying. This will create a major theme barrier between Star Tours and SWL. Star Tours will not be connected to the land.

Overview of TSL

DFbk46lXoAAlsGF.jpg

Slinky Dog track is apparently complete

DFbf9j2WAAI5FiY.jpg

DFbkubmW0AEHbeP.jpg

Steel framing for new TSMM entrance. A future store or food location off to the right - @rteetz might know more
DFbiRqJXUAA9K7Z.jpg

More work on the lands entrance

DFbnDqQW0AE-99c.jpg

DFbnFOlXcAAB5pj.jpg

Closer look at Alien Spinning Saucers
DFbn_pVXoAAUhGv.jpg

Construction in comparison to the rest of the park
DFboUHIW0AAPSGw.jpg

When you exit the store (Star Tours) and look left, the Muppet building will really not be visible it appears. Even looking toward the new Star Wars Land from the entrance of Star Tours you won't really see it (Muppets) either it appeared to me.

It also appeared to have a large foundation wall to indeed create a tall barrier right next to Muppets blocking it from view. However, they are creating a big Star Wars Land entrance so I'm not sure of the final visuals, and the street is still there as well which seems kinda odd yet. Maybe that will change one days as well.

Parking expansion continues...

IMG_6227.JPG

Battle attraction show building

IMG_6228.JPG

Millenium Falcon foundation

IMG_6229.JPG

Entry way into Star Wars land

IMG_6230.JPG

Overview of TSL

DFbk46lXoAAlsGF.jpg

Slinky Dog track is apparently complete

DFbf9j2WAAI5FiY.jpg

DFbkubmW0AEHbeP.jpg

Steel framing for new TSMM entrance. A future store or food location off to the right - @rteetz might know more
DFbiRqJXUAA9K7Z.jpg

More work on the lands entrance

DFbnDqQW0AE-99c.jpg

DFbnFOlXcAAB5pj.jpg

Closer look at Alien Spinning Saucers
DFbn_pVXoAAUhGv.jpg

Construction in comparison to the rest of the park
DFboUHIW0AAPSGw.jpg
I believe that is dining to the right of the TSMM entrance. Just a quick service.

When you exit the store (Star Tours) and look left, the Muppet building will really not be visible it appears. Even looking toward the new Star Wars Land from the entrance of Star Tours you won't really see it (Muppets) either it appeared to me.

It also appeared to have a large foundation wall to indeed create a tall barrier right next to Muppets blocking it from view. However, they are creating a big Star Wars Land entrance so I'm not sure of the final visuals, and the street is still there as well which seems kinda odd yet. Maybe that will change one days as well.

The foundation from Star Tours exit.

20170718_150732.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter