Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I am not the first to comment on it, but when you look at those photos, the area under construction between the two lands look almost as big as the entire operating park. (Maybe not including Fantasmic!) The Star Wars land alone is huge.

They could solve the problem by turning the Muppet space into Star Wars space. Muppets is outdated and needs an upgrade anyway. You would end up with 4 SW attractions.

The Muppets are still quite popular.
Enough to justify a whole area of a park? I haven't tried to research this stuff at all, but there is never a wait for Muppets, and didn't their revival of the TV show get canceled after 1 season due to poor ratings?

It must be popular enough to not get removed. Plus they just opened a muppet themed quick service.
Re-theming that QS is pretty costless. Just feels like they keep trying to do stuff with Muppets that doesn't quite take off, but I could be totally wrong. I would not be shocked if that area eventually gets eaten up by SW land or reworked entirely, though. And I kinda' like the muppets... guess I'm old enough to remember the GOOD TV show...! :)

Re-theming that QS is pretty costless. Just feels like they keep trying to do stuff with Muppets that doesn't quite take off, but I could be totally wrong. I would not be shocked if that area eventually gets eaten up by SW land or reworked entirely, though. And I kinda' like the muppets... guess I'm old enough to remember the GOOD TV show...! :)
Star Wars has a built in expansion pad already. No need for muppets to go yet.

Star Tours wouldn't match the theme of the new land. The exterior would have to be completely redone.
I do agree with you but I do find it an interesting choice given that they have been incorporating the prequels since it reopened as "The Aventures Continue" and incorporating the new movies once the franchise as a whole had been revived by Disney. They've tied it in pretty darn strongly with changing the scenes you go to and whatnot. Could be me but it's an odd choice to do it when the new land opens up in a couple of years when they've got more than a couple of upcoming Star Wars franchise movies. I know they'll be plenty of stuff to do in the new land but presently Star Tours is a way to introduce/welcome people specifically into the movies rather than the Star Wars world-building that I feel the new land will be. I guess for me I'd like that separation of being in the movies and being in the world of Star Wars in general.

I get what you're saying. The AT-AT and exterior theming seem like a no-brainer -- get rid of that. The actual indoor portion of the the ride... is there NO WAY to get people over there from SW land?

Perhaps it's absolutely implausible and totally stupid (!!), but what about something like the GREEN below... any way to make that or something like it work... different access to Muppets somehow???

Ditching a fairly popular, CORRECTLY-THEMED ride SO CLOSE BY just seems so nutty to me!! But, what do I know?!?! :)

View attachment 233649

ETA: Honestly, this might be some sort of blasphemy, but I'd get rid of the Muppets area if push came to shove -- make all of that SW... but I know that isn't the plan... at least not now...

We are not discussing what is possible, we are discussing what is happening. We know the path from Star Tours past Muppets through the old Streets of America area will not be Star Wars themed, so it is clear that they are not going to connect it that way. They are also building a new costuming building behind Star Tours so it doesn't look like they plan to connect it that way either.

We are not discussing what is possible, we are discussing what is happening.
Didn't realize there was a rule about that here. Nor that we here know everything about what is happening, such that there isn't room for conjecture. Perhaps that is best kept to the other thread re: rumors, etc.

Didn't realize there was a rule about that here. Nor that we here know everything about what is happening, such that there isn't room for conjecture. Perhaps that is best kept to the other thread re: rumors, etc.
I think Dan is just trying to point out just because Disney can do something doesn't mean they will. What we know right now is Disney has no intentions of connecting Star Tours to the land based on construction.

I did not mean in general, just in reference to this specific conversation. We were discussing why Star Tours would not stay around and one of the reasons is that they have decided not to connect SWL to the Star Tours area with Star Wars theming. Armchair Imagineering is fine but since this is news and rumors and rumors section we need to be sure it doesn't get confused for what is actually happening.

New Aerials from Bioreconstruct on Twitter 5/6/17

Both Lands at DHS

C_Jx5eOWAAQA6Dk.jpg

Toy Story Land
C_JycYXXkAImvFa.jpg

Alien Swirling Saucers top left, Slinky dog coaster station lower right.
C_J3gncXsAQpb85.jpg

C_J3jVoXgAEQ-TH.jpg

Tower crane, look at footings for Slinky dog coaster.
C_J3nOiXcAAQV0S.jpg

Slinky Dog station
C_J6iQhWAAAwV5m.jpg

Entrance walls for Star Wars
C_J9TheXgAI0cIK.jpg

Area where shopping/TSM entrance/food options will be.
C_J43fZXUAEctUZ.jpg

Attachments

• C_J6IORXsAABV0x.jpg
    C_J6IORXsAABV0x.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 8
  • C_J44exWsAAwfJS.jpg
    C_J44exWsAAwfJS.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter