Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes correct, open and its a walk through the back stage to Soarin. Trees were bright blue/purple.

Wow! That must look spectacular. We've never been to EPCOT on NYE as I didn't really think it offered something worthy; this might change my mind. Thanks.

You should see the trees there on NYE, puts Pandora massively to shame.
Hmm, never noticed. Guess it falls under "I don't stop to smell the roses" anymore.
not sure about the other one in the UK pavilion.
There is a bus loop behind the UK Flood Gate. Buses for events drop off and pick up guests attending some events at the WSP. After getting off the buses and usually going through a special Security station, guests will either walk out through the UK gate and enter the WSP through the WSP gate. Or if there isn't a visual impact needed, there is a side pathway directly into the WSP circumventing the UK gate.
Yes correct, open and its a walk through the back stage to Soarin.
Not that guests are allowed back there, but if you do find your way backstage via the WSP, you come out in backstage Canada.

Hmm, never noticed. Guess it falls under "I don't stop to smell the roses" anymore.
There is a bus loop behind the UK Flood Gate. Buses for events drop off and pick up guests attending some events at the WSP. After getting off the buses and usually going through a special Security station, guests will either walk out through the UK gate and enter the WSP through the WSP gate. Or if there isn't a visual impact needed, there is a side pathway directly into the WSP circumventing the UK gate.
Not that guests are allowed back there, but if you do find your way backstage via the WSP, you come out in backstage Canada.

Keep in mind I'm very underwhelmed with Pandora at night, so while these trees are much better lit than trees in Pandora, that's all it is.

Yea we walked out at the end of the hall with the bathrooms at Soarin, then it was quit a long walk back stage to the center.

Keep in mind I'm very underwhelmed with Pandora at night, so while these trees are much better lit than trees in Pandora, that's all it is.
Oh, I'm not doubting you, it's just that because my home office is right there at the WSP, I walk through the WSP and out the Flood Gate in order to get to whatever venue I'm going to that night and I really don't pay attention to my surroundings anymore. We're talking thousands of times. I'll be doing it tonight in fact.
Yea we walked out at the end of the hall with the bathrooms at Soarin, then it was quit a long walk back stage to the center.
Were you just exploring?

Last edited:
Saw two entrances today, but not sure if both lead to WSP. All these decades of going to EPCOT and I now finally notice this? Thanks.

I have spent too many minutes of my life waiting at the first two gates. Why? Well, Epcot does a lot of their character training at those gates. So my wife is always stalking those areas around the times the characters *might* come out.

If you aren't aware of what I mean by character training here's a good link:
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2013/01/04/epcot-character-training-spots/

FWIW, our best success for the character training M&Gs has been at the International Gateway which is where the picture in my avatar of my family with Ariel and Eric came from. I have to admit, even I was pretty excited about that M&G. :)

Last edited:

She must be the Guest that we had to call Security on? JK, but it is like hitting the lottery, if you're a Character M&G fan.

haha. Not quite that bad.

We also visit the spot at HS and have lucked out a couple times with very rare character M&Gs.

There are busses out back there which takes cast round past oddessy building to cast exit near the front of the park. It's long even on the buss so most cast just walk through world showcase to the oddessy area before leaving

Outside of the need to pave the paths it looks like it could open tomorrow (though looks are deceiving)

I wouldn't quite say that - but they are clearly in pretty good shape to be ready a month from now. Still wouldn't expect a very long preview meeting.

(Also, I have a friend who's a CM and they are doing early morning testing of SDD with CMs on the ride. That should probably be in the rumors/news thread - huh?)

My eyes! I don't think I can un-see the Eiffel Tower sitting on top of a building! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This brings to mind a good question - the Eiffel tower is designed to be seen from the front and appear larger than it is as if it's "off in the distance". Clearly this effect won't work from the back-side of the pavillion. I wonder how they are going to disguise it so you can't see it from the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter