Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm less concerned about that than I would be, for example, about the infiltration between the MK Railroad and the Tron attraction. Spaceship Earth is visible from practically all the World Showcase countries, so why not Michael Graves' Dolphin?

Yeah, I do not worry much about it. IMO, the Swalphin doesn't match up with the other three hotels but just passing by on the boat, I like the looks of them. I have a feeling the tower at the Coronodo will not match up with the rest of the resort but am hoping it does. Same with Riviera in terms of how it will fit in not far off of BV drive.

When they built ToT they made sure it would blend in with Morocco.

Since then - I think they stopped caring. I don't think the Riviera will blend in with anything.

I shared this over on the News thread during our trip, but this might be a good place to post it as well. This is the view of the two Riviera construction cranes from INSIDE Epcot, taken from just North of the Rose and Crown Pub. Note that it looks like the Riviera building will appear behind Germany and the blank space where the Africa Trading Post is.

DSC05493 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/146996812@N02/

Since then - I think they stopped caring. I don't think the Riviera will blend in with anything.

I shared this over on the News thread during our trip, but this might be a good place to post it as well. This is the view of the two Riviera construction cranes from INSIDE Epcot, taken from just North of the Rose and Crown Pub. Note that it looks like the Riviera building will appear behind Germany and the blank space where the Africa Trading Post is.

DSC05493 by

Aw man, Tell me you didn't just post a just after noon hour picture with the Karamell Kuche just sitting there off in the distance waving at my sweet tooth. For Pete's sake Pete! pirate:

Actually, I could see a case where the Riviera does match the colors of Germany. It kind of fits. Sort of like the Four Seasons exterior.

Last edited:

DSC05493 by

So it's a little hard to tell since just a concept image, but the color scheme of the Riviera doesn't look that different than the Germany Pavilion building, and the architecture style of the top seems to have similar angles as the top of the Germany Pavilion ones (unless that is the Germany Pavilion showing beyond the hotel). Not saying it will be perfect but it might not stand out *that* much

Disney-Riviera-Resort-dvc-disney-world.jpg

So it's a little hard to tell since just a concept image, but the color scheme of the Riviera doesn't look that different than the Germany Pavilion building, and the architecture style of the top seems to have similar angles as the top of the Germany Pavilion ones (unless that is the Germany Pavilion showing beyond the hotel). Not saying it will be perfect but it might not stand out *that* much

Disney-Riviera-Resort-dvc-disney-world.jpg

Yeah, hard telling the color details with the setting in that mock. Don't think you could see anything behind it unless possibly the ToT off in the distance and even then it would have to be at least 10 or 12 stories high. . Epcot I think you would have to be behind the Riv looking forward unless I am just all messed up.

edit- could that be one of the Bonnett creek towers back behind that mock? Now that I look, could it be several of the BC towers? One on the right behind the palm trees, one in the middle and one on the left?

Yeah, hard telling the color details with the setting in that mock. Don't think you could see anything behind it unless possibly the ToT off in the distance and even then it would have to be at least 10 or 12 stories high. . Epcot I think you would have to be behind the Riv looking forward unless I am just all messed up.

edit- could that be one of the Bonnett creek towers back behind that mock? Now that I look, could it be several of the BC towers? One on the right behind the palm trees, one in the middle and one on the left?

possible, but seems odd they would bother showing a non Disney owned hotel in their mock up they would release to the public ... not like it has to be 100% accurate (not a blueprint or anything)

No that’s not Bonnett Creek that’s all part of the Riviera resort.

No that’s not Bonnett Creek that’s all part of the Riviera resort.

just seems odd that the right side of the pic has clean finished edges on the top end of the buildings (similar to a Holiday Inn Express) where the left side and center has rounded domes. Like Max said though, it might not be totally indicative of the finished product.

just seems odd that the right side of the pic has clean finished edges on the top end of the buildings (similar to a Holiday Inn Express) where the left side and center has rounded domes. Like Max said though, it might not be totally indicative of the finished product.
It’s concept art. It rarely shows what the finished product will be in every detail. It’s possible the two sides were being decided on how they wanted the whole resort to look.

It’s concept art. It rarely shows what the finished product will be in every detail. It’s possible the two sides were being decided on how they wanted the whole resort to look.

Well then, let this be a lesson for you in your future calling. We nutz tend to over- analyze everything when it comes to all things Dis. Yes, I fully expect you down there building the fifth gate when you get that degree. Counting on the inside detail and mock ups to all be perfect and published on the Dis early and often. Sure would beat building roads in Wisconsin three years after you built the same road before the freeze thaw freeze thaw freeze thaw.

^ I was looking at Westcoaster yesterday. The rock work is going up fast and furious on the West Coast.

From Bioreconstruct

Blizzard Beach

B0837898-CE37-4949-AD1E-FA3801C2A1B0.jpeg 7535E67F-1D34-44B6-A591-0C0894309A99.jpeg

Riviera resort

199E6407-3EED-4E8D-963C-699303953EDF.jpeg

New Disney Springs restaurants

1A6C4BB1-4CC5-4F20-B5CC-1699E2390006.jpeg

CBR Skyliner station

8E93CE2C-3302-42BE-B61E-5E1615E2D4A0.jpeg

NBA Experience

94AA72F8-858B-4E29-A428-D637DC977D7F.jpeg

Tree trail

FEAABB3F-E635-40DA-80E1-4A1DA9FF9565.jpeg 730B9D07-6E20-45F7-B787-BFAA9DC0B96C.jpeg

Epcot

BADDA7F7-A069-492E-B347-E5B02C6B36A8.jpeg

Ratatouille

CE8EC974-EEB3-463C-8918-D1D50C382BCF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!