Status
Not open for further replies.
These expansions are absolutely huge, pretty much dwarfs the rest of the park.

We know an Indy area is rumoured but I wonder what's going to happen with animation courtyard etc.

They are good size expansions, but remember that the angle of these pictures distorts the size. Here is the size of the lands on an straight down aerial view..

View attachment 235873

Long time listener, first time caller.

Those buildings north of TSL and south of RnRC, are they disposable? The reason I ask is, while I know that Disney is going IP heavy and definitely wants to take advantage of Marvel, I wonder if they'd consider turning that area into a Marvel Land. Now, I know that they're limited in WDW on which entities they can use, but one would think that area/connecting it to RnRC would be a solid fit.

While, I'm a relatively recent "Disney Nut", I am a WDW traditionalist. I really don't want to see either MK or Epcot become straight IPs, especially non-traditional ones. HS seems like the best place for that (I know, HOT TAKE!), allowing WDW to maximize these monster properties, while not upsetting the traditionalist that thrive off of nostalgia.

Long time listener, first time caller.

Those buildings north of TSL and south of RnRC, are they disposable? The reason I ask is, while I know that Disney is going IP heavy and definitely wants to take advantage of Marvel, I wonder if they'd consider turning that area into a Marvel Land. Now, I know that they're limited in WDW on which entities they can use, but one would think that area/connecting it to RnRC would be a solid fit.

While, I'm a relatively recent "Disney Nut", I am a WDW traditionalist. I really don't want to see either MK or Epcot become straight IPs, especially non-traditional ones. HS seems like the best place for that (I know, HOT TAKE!), allowing WDW to maximize these monster properties, while not upsetting the traditionalist that thrive off of nostalgia.
Those buildings are what used to be the Florida animation studios. Now they are theme park offices and stuff like that which service various things. Sure that could be moved but I don't see them doing that in the short term.

They seem to be moving so slow in Florida compared to Cali... geez. I keep waiting for them to pick it up, but the distance between the two seems to be widening.

They seem to be moving so slow in Florida compared to Cali... geez. I keep waiting for them to pick it up, but the distance between the two seems to be widening.

By my best estimation Star Wars land has been staying a pretty consistent 6 months behind.

New aerials of Volcano Bay - looks like they have a long way to go.

I just noticed the size of the volcano and checked - it's 200 ft. Everest is 199 ft. You KNOW it was on purpose to take away the "3 tallest mountains in Florida" title from Disney. :rotfl2:

I just noticed the size of the volcano and checked - it's 200 ft. Everest is 199 ft. You KNOW it was on purpose to take away the "3 tallest mountains in Florida" title from Disney. :rotfl2:

It's a volcano. You can probably add airplane warning lights to the top of it and hide it as "lava flow". Something that can't be done with any of the Disney mountains which is why Everest is 199 feet. One foot below the requirement. Honestly, I doubt the volcano is 200 feet. I'm betting it is 199 feet, or close enough so they don't have to worry about the regulations, but newsies and corp people just are rounding up to 200 to annoy people that follow things like this.

I dunno, I guess it's cool and all because its a waterpark, but watching the video (to me) it looks like a mess, not a very attractive looking volcano.

Does anyone know if TSL and SWL or ahead of their schedule, on schedule, or delayed schedule?

Does anyone know if TSL and SWL or ahead of their schedule, on schedule, or delayed schedule?
Both on schedule as far as I know. SWL is behind the DL version though. That was sort of done purposely though it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter