Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the parking lot construction on the north side of the Hollywood Studio's lot still just for a new/expanded bus route?
I know there were rumors of a parking garage at one point, which I think was killed? But asking because if you take the area from the Skyliner route north, that parking area turns into quite a nice rectangle, that also happens to be roughly the same size as the garage as Disney Springs.
Not that anyone has faith in them building a garage in the next 15 months (guessing opening for SW:GE), but adding ground parking (temporary?) while creating a garage almost sounds logical?
Parking garage is not happening anymore. The parking construction in the lot near the skyliner is for a new bus loop.

Assuming the large new parking lot at HS will be open by June 30th for TSL official opening.

Parking garage is not happening anymore. The parking construction in the lot near the skyliner is for a new bus loop.

I thought that was going to be the answer.
I wish it wasn't. Although maybe in the future they bring it back. I just thought a future expansion into the parking area makes a ton of sense (near Star Tours and/or extending back from Indy). But if so, I'm guessing it would be a decade out.

Nothing precludes them from adding a garage later if it's desired(there or somewhere nearby). Though I think you are starting to see them proactively encouraging folks to avoid parking at the parks, or making it a premium to park there.
If they feel they can make some money charging for the privilege of parking in a nearby garage, I would not be surprised if they did it.

I didn't realize Ratatouille was so far back from the France pavilion... I can wait to see how they theme the path back there! :-)

Ratatouille in the Paris park was set in a very French village, with fountains and a bakery. Very nice setting! The ambience felt like storybook Paris (even as you were technically very near Paris!) They did a great job on the setting there. Lots of benches, etc to hang out and enjoy. Very excited for the WDW installation! (PSA: there were no exclamation points harmed in the making of this post :) )

Looks like the aliens roof is done, just has some paper on there to allow workers to walk on the roof without scratching it.
Hard to tell the thrill of speed, but looks like it barely crested that hill empty. Wondering if it will be faster out of there?

Looks like the aliens roof is done, just has some paper on there to allow workers to walk on the roof without scratching it.
Hard to tell the thrill of speed, but looks like it barely crested that hill empty. Wondering if it will be faster out of there?

The train did start from a dead stop on the middle launch...so it will have some speed/momentum already before the launch takes which SHOULD mean it will get a bit faster...hopefully!

No doubt they would have been ready for Memorial Day weekend if it were not for the Alien SS roof issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter