Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the pic of the old DHS bus loop, it's pretty obvious how they can incorporate the Skyliner into a security bubble. They basically just need to rotate the bag check stations so they're facing what will presumably be the new tram stop for those driving. Add another bag check between the new bus loops and Skyliner station and you're good to go. Just need to make sure there are barriers that take at least some effort to breach between the secure and insecure zones.

Certainly plenty of work remaining on Star Wars, but does look like they are running at a good pace. The customer facing stuff is really starting to take shape.

With the clearing behind the African outpost for illuminations. Is it thought that is a fireworks launch pad, or more like a staging area?

Certainly plenty of work remaining on Star Wars, but does look like they are running at a good pace. The customer facing stuff is really starting to take shape.

With the clearing behind the African outpost for illuminations. Is it thought that is a fireworks launch pad, or more like a staging area?
Not a launch pad. Could be staging or the drone site.

Only thing I could think of is they are putting a mock second story on it trying to match the gift shop at the IG over to the right?????? If you look at it, the second story of the gift shop is about the same size smaller than the first story (for effect) to give it a slant for depth purposes???

Block backstage from view?

Any idea what the building is where the sidewalk is dead-ending right now? Bathrooms??? Guest Service??? It looks like it is too far away from the gondola station to be part of that, but I just don't know.

Does security get pulled out to the buses if gondola security ends up at loading?

Anyone know if Ratatouille is going to be a two story ride or/and if the one in France is 2 stories? That building is a lot bigger than I was imagining.

Block backstage from view?

yeah, it doubles as that but the pic in Saturday's update two pages back shows what I think I am talking about.. It appears to me that the side closest to the BC/YC has the forms to match the international gate if I am not mistaken (circled in red). And the little 12 inch or so wall all the way around the top seems to match as well. No construction engineer or anything like that, but it appears to me they are making it match the buildings to the right only much bigger.

I gate.JPG

I can't believe the new solar farm isn't Mickey shaped...
So looking up weather in Orlando during the summer it is fully to mostly cloudy around 60-65% of the time! Clear sky's are like a 10-15% chance. No way there is any economical or ecological sense in building that.

I can't believe the new solar farm isn't Mickey shaped...
So looking up weather in Orlando during the summer it is fully to mostly cloudy around 60-65% of the time! Clear sky's are like a 10-15% chance. No way there is any economical or ecological sense in building that.
Can’t believe this. Chicago in November has more sunshine and I can tell you there isn’t a lot.

https://weatherspark.com/y/17721/Average-Weather-in-Orlando-Florida-United-States-Year-Round

Hmm not sure how to paste a picture from a site so scroll down to the "Cloud Cover Categories" and it gives you the best chart to look at.
Weather in the tropics tends to be cloudier in the summer than winter, opposite what would be seen in Chicago.

"We ought to call ourselves the Partly Cloudy State instead of the Sunshine State," said Miami-based meteorologist Jim Lushine. "But it probably wouldn't get the Chamber of Commerce's vote."

"Indeed, Florida has more days where between 20 to 70 percent of the sun is blocked by clouds than anywhere else in the continental United States, weather officials say."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_cloudy-skies-fort-lauderdale-sunshine-state

All adding up to a terrible place to put up solar farms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter