Aer lingus have cancelled my September flight

mellowyellowuk

Earning My Ears
Well that’s me out for this year too, was ment to fly 25th September, returning on the 7 th.
was starting to get hopeful as the rumours were the US was opening soon, well aer lingus dashed those hopes today cancelling my outgoing flight. No idea why the decision has been made so early it over 3 months till I go.
I looked at ba and virgin but since I have no idea when I will get the refund from aer lingus I just can’t afford it so I’ve cancelled with Disney too.

Anyone know we’re I stand with getting all my money back they only cancelled the outgoing flight? the return is still operating but obviously useless to me.
The email was very vague clearly wanting you to go for vouchers not refund, my flights were business class I’m not risking £2000 in vouchers which are worthless if the company goes bankrupt. 52157027-3362-4C0F-AC57-A8BFABF0EDD9.png

so I’ve cancelled with Disney too.
That seems premature. If the US does open you might still have been able to go with another carrier, or even AL if they added a suitable flight.

I've got an end of October trip booked with Disney, but no flights yet. I can cancel Disney up to about a week before then and only lose £50 (maybe not even that as I'd likely 'move' the booking), so I'm just sitting on it for now. If we are allowed to go I'll start looking for flights then - though if they are all stupid expensive I might still call it for this year.

The email was very vague clearly wanting you to go for vouchers not refund,
That's what VA did to us last year - quite hard to get the refund, but 100% worth it IMHO. If your money is going to be sat around idle for a year you want it in your domain not theirs - you have no idea what might happen such that you need it for something else and/or can't use the vouchers. That's one lesson this pandemic should have taught us :crazy2:

That seems premature. If the US does open you might still have been able to go with another carrier, or even AL if they added a suitable flight
It probably is but I’ve no idea when aer lingus will refund and I can’t afford to rebook till I have that money,
I’m also a little sick of the will I won’t I get to go. As much as I love Disney (it my happy stress free place) I can’t stand the uncertainty of getting my hopes up then something like this happening again.

Well that’s me out for this year too, was ment to fly 25th September, returning on the 7 th.
was starting to get hopeful as the rumours were the US was opening soon, well aer lingus dashed those hopes today cancelling my outgoing flight. No idea why the decision has been made so early it over 3 months till I go.
I looked at ba and virgin but since I have no idea when I will get the refund from aer lingus I just can’t afford it so I’ve cancelled with Disney too.

Anyone know we’re I stand with getting all my money back they only cancelled the outgoing flight? the return is still operating but obviously useless to me.
The email was very vague clearly wanting you to go for vouchers not refund, my flights were business class I’m not risking £2000 in vouchers which are worthless if the company goes bankrupt. View attachment 582585

BUT your ticket ( As above ) is for 19 th July to 30th September

So where does flying out on 25th September to the 7th come into play ?

BEST bet is to phone them up AND ASK for Full Refund on 00353 1 761 7844 DUBLIN Office

BUT your ticket ( As above ) is for 19 th July to 30th September
It’s a generic email stating they are cancelling all Dublin to Orlando flights from 19th July to 30th September.
I was to fly out on 25th September and back 7th October. I’ve filled in the online refund application it’s next to impossible to get through on their phone lines.

Best of luck. I hope you get ur full refund and will be able to get to Disney sooner rather than later.

That's interesting. I'm due to fly with TUI on 29th September, I only booked this flight after VA cancelled my Glasgow Orlando flight for 1st October. Ive been waiting on an email from TUI cancelling, suspect its only a few weeks away. I lost all hope a few weeks ago, I think thats it for 2021

I eventually got a refund from Aer Lingus for my Dublin to LAX flights which I had rebooked multiple times after multiple cancellations. The process is very simple. They dont give the link for refunds in the cancellation email, but its on Aer Lingus website and I have it book marked Aer Lingus Refund Online Form

When you fill in the form you get an auto confirmation email and then they will send you an email when the refund is processed. My refund took about 3 weeks to go back on my credit card.

Thu, 22 Apr at 16:57

This is an auto response confirming our system has received your refund request form. Your case reference is XXXXXX. We will review it in the order received and respond as quickly as possible.

If you wish to add to your case, please forward this email to GuestRefunds@aerlingus.com with your additional comments. Do not change the Subject Line and your case will be updated. Sending new requests in an existing case or completing additional webforms regarding the same issue may result in slower handling times.

Requests for vouchers are handled by a different team, and can be submitted via this link, after reviewing the eligibility requirements below the form.

As noted on the Refund Request form you submitted, you have requested us to process a refund per the rules of the fare purchased. If your flight is still operating, Saver, Smart and Plus fares are non-refundable and only eligible for a refund of any government taxes and charges, which will be processed upon review of your submission. If you purchased through a third party, refund requests must be made directly with them, with the exception of seating or other charges you may have paid to us directly after purchase.

If you have sent an email to this address that was not a form submission or a reply to an existing case, then your email will be addressed by our Customer Services team in the order in which it was received.

Kind Regards

Wed, 12 May at 14:12
Dear

As per your request, we have processed a refund for your reservation (Booking Reference: XXXXXX). Individual charges, fees and tickets may show up as separate credits and not as a single value on any statement. Each charge will be refunded to the original form of payment (credit/debit card, Avios account, voucher, etc). Please allow time for your statement to update.

The total amount refunded is EURxxxxxxxx

Kind regards,

Yes, unfortunately several weeks ago my daughter who lives in Dublin and works for Aer Lingus told us that US routes other than the few that ran through the pandemic - JFK etc - were gone until at least autumn as it was clear after discussions with the government that the Irish govt would not be working with the airlines to come up with a plan to reopen travel. Along with the US most of the EU network even was canceled for summer. It is a great shame and we then canceled and moved our trip to Feb 2022. Let's see.

There can be several reasons why an airline cancels a flight far in advance, regardless of covid. Call them, they have the obligation to offer you a reasonable alternative, or give you a refund.

This is covid related. It is all flights on the route through October as well as other US routes rather than the OP's particular flight. She is entitled to a refund, I got one.

That's interesting. I'm due to fly with TUI on 29th September, I only booked this flight after VA cancelled my Glasgow Orlando flight for 1st October. Ive been waiting on an email from TUI cancelling, suspect its only a few weeks away. I lost all hope a few weeks ago, I think thats it for 2021

We were booked to go to Mexico with tui Dec 2020 the flight wasn't cancelled until 9 days before we were due to fly! Though the refund was then returned within 24 hours of us filling in our voucher/ full refund request

I am surprised they cancelled flights fo far out as well. We were booked for August with Christmas as a backup. Going to have to keep fingers crossed, if those direct Dublin Aer Lingus flights dont go at Christmas there will be no affordable alternatives at that time of year :oops:

I am surprised they cancelled flights fo far out as well.
They probably have some unofficial inside information about when the US might open up - or more likely for how long it is unlikely to open up.
Also it takes a long time (I've seen reports of a week per aircraft with a set of a few engineers (but don't quote me)) to get these planes out of storage (maybe longer for ETOPS), and once out they need regular maintenance, and ideally use. They also have to get the crews back to required competencies (lots of simulator time) which may take weeks. It would need at least two aircraft and maybe four crews to handle a single daily return to MCO, so they won't want to start all those preps until they are sure they will be flying.

In 2019 we had our flight cancelled. We took the offer of vouchers with 10% added. Worked out well for us and the process of getting it was simple.

I am in a strange position- I haven't got an email from Aer Lingus but when I contacted them upon hearing from some people they have told me that my flight route is suspended/not happening. I then contacted Disney Travel who said that the flight is still showing up as active for them. Dunno what to do.

It probably is but I’ve no idea when aer lingus will refund and I can’t afford to rebook till I have that money,
I’m also a little sick of the will I won’t I get to go. As much as I love Disney (it my happy stress free place) I can’t stand the uncertainty of getting my hopes up then something like this happening again.
They refund quick

I’ve just been told my refund I requested on 27th June is expected to be done by November!!! They are inundated and only up to April requests atm

It sounds like the whole Virgin issues of 2020 I thought airlines had got better at this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter