Advice sought.....

joemo

Mouseketeer
Afternoon all, well we are off to WDW in April, I am just planning our ADRs – 90 days is fine for us as we tend to eat late and are fairly flexible. Bit of background, there are 3 of us me (veggie), DH (big meat eater) and DS7 who is an adventurous soul but does like the traditional kids stuff like hot dogs and burgers.

This is our third trip and I our first staying in the Epcot area – we’re at the Yacht Club. In fact we have never visited the Broadwalk. We will be at Disney for 10 days, then we move to the Hard Rock Hotel for the last 4 days.

I have done loads of reading and frankly everywhere looks great! So I need some guidance.

Could someone please recommended some good TS restaurants in the Broadwalk area for both family meals and a romantic night out while DS is at the kids club? Are there any nice CS for light snacks etc?

Where is good in the local Resorts? I’ve heard there are some nice restaurants in the Swan?

We are planning on eating at the Brown Derby at the Studios, but need some help with a lunch ressie. Have been to the Prime Café twice before and liked it – but could someone recommend another good TS restaurant in the Park?

We plan to see the fireworks at least once and eat at MK – we have only has CS before as the alcohol ban has put us off (sorry but we ENJOY drinking on holiday!), what do people think is the best TS restaurant in MK?

We have always eaten well at Epcot and plan on trying the Coral Reef for the first time this trip. I know that it has had some bad reviews but I’d like to try it. We also plan to eat at Alfredos.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I love staying at the Yacht Club, one of my fave resorts.

There are some good restaurants on the Boardwalk, Spoodles, they do breakfast and dinner, I believe. People love the Flying Fish, we did not care for it, but you might want to check that out.. We do love Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club, right next door for you, great burgers, you might want to check out their menu for veggie options...Also, the Galley Restaurant in the Yacht Club for breakfast...we have dinners there too, basic good food.

How about this, look at the menu page on the Dis found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm#epcot and then you can narrow it down a bit from there.

If you ask specific questions about certain restaurants, it might be more helpful for you... We all have our faves and will share them with you.

Dining info for Swan and Dolphin can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/SwanDolphin/dining.htm

Thanks, I think the 'problem' is that we have never has a bad meal at WDW and love almost everywhere we have dined at so its difficult to pick!

Would love some suggestions re TS at MK (dinner) and the studios (lunch) and perhaps any 'hidden gems' for CS?

Thank you for your thoughts on the Broadwalk - we have never visited and are really looking forward to it.

Boardwalk Area
Breakfast: Spoodles
Lunch/Dinner: ESPN Club (great red wings)
Romantic/Adult Dinner: Shula's Steakhouse if your hubby likes steak - it's in the Swan or Dolphin, not sure which.

MGM
Family Dinner - Sci Fi Dine In

Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace (to me the castle is overrated)

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

We love Tony's at the MK. They have great smoothies for the kids and we've enjoyed all the of entrees that we have tried (spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, and a chicken dish). The calamari appetizer is excellent. It is also pretty quiet and a nice break from the park!

CS wanted to add, my favorite "hidden gems"

MK -

Pinocchio's in Fantasyland - the menu has changed and it's now pizza and italian style sandwiches. If you get your meal, go upstairs, it's quieter and you can also sit on the balcony overlooking Fantasyland.

Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square - you can get fish & chips or chowder. You can also eat upstairs, which is a little more peaceful.

AK -

Pizzafari - this place has tons of rooms to sit down and eat in. We prefer the room straight to the back. The Italian sandwich is amazing. Best CS in all of Disney IMHO.

Flame Tree BBQ - pulled pork and ribs - if you walk down the path behind the restaurant there is a place to sit right over the water looking out to Everest. The character singing boat comes by. It's a great place to sit.

Epcot -

Mexico, Morocco & China are my favorites here. HTH!

There's a brewery over at the Boardwalk that DBF and I absolutely love. I can't for the life of me remember the name though. Great food there!

TS at MK- Definitely Liberty Tree for traditional food and Tony's for Italian.

We like Sci-Fi at MGM for lunch.

You might want to consider monorailing to one of the MK area resorts for dinner if you'd like a drink with your meal. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter