advice please

LaVon

Mouseketeer
We are flying in to Long Beach Oct 11th and and crazy as it sounds booking a limo to pick us up and taking us to Camelot inn (we are trying to make this trip a blast for the kids because of all the cancelations last year) anyhoo we will be at the park Tuesday through sat and Sunday we will go to universal.. I have a car rented for sat so we can leave early Sunday morning so we can make a pit stop at 1428 Genesee way (If you are not Familiar try 1428 ELM street *LOL*) my family are HUGE Nightmare on Elm street People and his house and glens house is right there! Anyways How early should we leave the hotel? we wanted to go there before going to Universal for the day. I think its like 1 hour from the hotel to Freddy's house and 16 mins from Freddy's house to universal. I'm not familiar with the area or traffic.. Just wondering if anyone might have a idea or guess.. This is a important stop for my children and husband and I would like to plan it out somewhat.. Thank you everyone

We are flying in to Long Beach Oct 11th and and crazy as it sounds booking a limo to pick us up and taking us to Camelot inn (we are trying to make this trip a blast for the kids because of all the cancelations last year) anyhoo we will be at the park Tuesday through sat and Sunday we will go to universal.. I have a car rented for sat so we can leave early Sunday morning so we can make a pit stop at 1428 Genesee way (If you are not Familiar try 1428 ELM street *LOL*) my family are HUGE Nightmare on Elm street People and his house and glens house is right there! Anyways How early should we leave the hotel? we wanted to go there before going to Universal for the day. I think its like 1 hour from the hotel to Freddy's house and 16 mins from Freddy's house to universal. I'm not familiar with the area or traffic.. Just wondering if anyone might have a idea or guess.. This is a important stop for my children and husband and I would like to plan it out somewhat.. Thank you everyone
Waze is usually fairly accurate in predicting times. You can put in your start point and destination, as well as your desired arrival time. It will tell you when to leave.

You can also try google maps, which allows you to choose the dates and times you will be traveling.

As an example, I put in Camelot Inn to Universal Studios on 10/17/21. If you want to arrive at 9 a.m., you should leave 45 minutes before that.

I couldn't find any record on google maps of 1428 Genesee Way.

I found the correct address for your "special" house! 1428 North Genesee Ave., Los Angeles CA 90046.

Take a look at google street view to see if it is worth the trouble. It has a tall hedge out front which partially blocks the house.

I found the correct address for your "special" house! 1428 North Genesee Ave., Los Angeles CA 90046.

Take a look at google street view to see if it is worth the trouble. It has a tall hedge out front which partially blocks the house.
Special hahaha yes I ment north Genesee Ave.. we are only want a quick picture which supposedly they don't mind about (from the side walk) we will see for sure if they get ran off haha.. I didn't know about the Google map feature for future dates that is awesome.. I will also look I to waze

I’m familiar with all of these areas. I agree that on the day of, use Google Maps or Waze to get pretty accurate drive times.

In general, traffic on a Sunday morning (like, before 10AM) will be pretty light. Here’s how I’d plan it out, working backwards:

Figure out what time you want to be physically standing at the entrance to the Universal Theme Park.

Plan to arrive at the Universal parking entrance 15-30 minutes prior to that time (to allow time to pay for parking, park in the structure, and walk thru CityWalk to the park entrance).

Plan to leave Freddy’s house 20-30 minutes before that. (I think 16 minutes is pretty tight unless there is zero traffic, you know exactly where you are going, hit all the lights, and drive fast).

Plan for 10 minutes at Freddy’s house. Note that parking may be an issue. I can’t speak for that specific street, but a lot of streets in that area have parking restrictions. Even if you’re just going to stop for a minute, there may not be space on the street. Although there probably isn’t going to be much traffic at all early on a Sunday morning.

Plan to leave your hotel 45-60 minutes before that. if you drive pretty fast, you can probably make that trip in under 40 minutes, but you should give yourself a little cushion so you can obey the speed limit, and also allow for a wrong turn somewhere along the way.

So that’s leaving your hotel 1.5-2hrs from the time you want to be standing at the Universal Gate. That should be plenty of time and leave you a cushion in case there is more traffic than expected (accidents are frequent and unpredictable, and construction can also slow things down).

I’m familiar with all of these areas. I agree that on the day of, use Google Maps or Waze to get pretty accurate drive times.

In general, traffic on a Sunday morning (like, before 10AM) will be pretty light. Here’s how I’d plan it out, working backwards:

Figure out what time you want to be physically standing at the entrance to the Universal Theme Park.

Plan to arrive at the Universal parking entrance 15-30 minutes prior to that time (to allow time to pay for parking, park in the structure, and walk thru CityWalk to the park entrance).

Plan to leave Freddy’s house 20-30 minutes before that. (I think 16 minutes is pretty tight unless there is zero traffic, you know exactly where you are going, hit all the lights, and drive fast).

Plan for 10 minutes at Freddy’s house. Note that parking may be an issue. I can’t speak for that specific street, but a lot of streets in that area have parking restrictions. Even if you’re just going to stop for a minute, there may not be space on the street. Although there probably isn’t going to be much traffic at all early on a Sunday morning.

Plan to leave your hotel 45-60 minutes before that. if you drive pretty fast, you can probably make that trip in under 40 minutes, but you should give yourself a little cushion so you can obey the speed limit, and also allow for a wrong turn somewhere along the way.

So that’s leaving your hotel 1.5-2hrs from the time you want to be standing at the Universal Gate. That should be plenty of time and leave you a cushion in case there is more traffic than expected (accidents are frequent and unpredictable, and construction can also slow things down).
Awesome!! I try to plan my day around that. Might add a few more mins because I don't drive fast when I don't know where I'm going haha 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter