Advice Please

RDP

DIS Veteran
Hi All , we are holidaying a little differently this year, only in as much as we are flying from Manchester not Gatwick and will not be hiring a car for our 16 night stay in Kidani Village.

1. Does anybody have tips for flying from Manchester (Pre flight hotels, good restaurant to eat in the night before we fly?)

2. Magical express - Do British guests take their luggage to the bus? Or do you hand it off after clearing customs?

We finally booked flights last week after a long search! Looking forward to getting the Disney planning underway!

i believe youtake your luggage to the bus with you...
in any case, that's what we had to do...
i prefer it that way anyway - that way i KNOW my luggage is arriving with me!! :)

I can recommend The Clayton formerly Bewleys..they have a great regular shuttle bus to get you to the airport terminal you need. They have family rooms and you can prebook that along with breakfast for your family before you go. Have a look at their website if you can. We have stayed there before and found it to be just the ticket to get a good rest before the flight out. Manchester is easy to navigate and the staff will make sure you get checked in quickly and then off to get some duty free or whatever takes your fancy before your flight. They keep you well informed if any changes to gates and flight departure times etcetera. There are sign posted public restrooms in every terminal too. In one of the terminals we even found a nail salon!! Brilliant for those of us who ruin a manicure by wrestling with the packing and moving the suitcases.
At MCO just pick up the cases and take them to the bus then you have them to hand when you get to your resort. No waiting hours for those cases and less stress too.

We stayed at the Marriott, we did a package where we got 14 nights parking and a taxi to and from The airport.

you need to collect your luggage and take it through customs, you can then either leave it at the Disney desk to have it taken to your room or take it on the magic express with you. We prefer to collect ours and take it on the magic express so we can get changed once we check in.
We went without a car for the first time our last trip and found LYFT really easy to use & cheap for off site visits.

Are you driving to Manchester? Are you looking for parking and hotel?
The airport is only a few miles out of the city centre.
Manchester is super easy to navigate, all the terminals are linked by walkway.
Once you have your flight times etc let me know and I'll help with whatever you need. I'll even tell you about the restaurants we don't tell tourists about ;-)

I think everyone else has covered off the ME questions.

We don’t need parking in the airport, we wont be driving to Manchester . We are looking for a good airport hotel with a good family restaurant or near to one. Are there in restaurants in the terminals worth checking out? Thanks for the advice on the Magical Express, definitely keeping our luggage with us.

Have a look at the hotels in Wilmslow or Handforth Dean, only a 5-10 minute cab ride to the airport and tons of restaurants or bars.
The airport food places are very generic, not worth the cash.

Have a look at the hotels in Wilmslow or Handforth Dean, only a 5-10 minute cab ride to the airport and tons of restaurants or bars.
The airport food places are very generic, not worth the cash.

Thanks, will check them out...

Are there any good land side restaurants in Manchester airport? Most seem to be airside on the web site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter