Advice on DVC Rental Company?

scorpsfan

Earning My Ears
Hi. We're thinking of going with a DVC rental for our next trip. But I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or experience renting with either Davids or DVC Rental Store? I'm in Canada, so Davids sounds better for me since they're also in Canada so no fees. What about the DVC Rental Store, I like how you don't have to pay the whole amount up front, but I think they're in the US, so that would mean it might end up being more with the fees.

Just wanting to hear anyone's advice and experiences with either and how the rental process was.

Thanks!

blizzard

DIS Veteran
As an owner, I was 100% happy with my experience with David’s. Everything was laid out up front, and all payments were exactly as specified. I would not hesitate to deal with them again on either side of the transaction.

Donald - my hero

<font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"
we rented thru David's and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Like you mentioned they're Canadian so you won't be paying a foreign transaction fee on your credit card (it is still priced is usd btw so there's the exchange to include) but they're also covered by TICO, which is an extra level of insurance for us. Super easy process and a great holiday!

• cdnSpinalTap

Mouseketeer
    Hello - I have used David's in the past as well, but for the last few years I have used private rentals off the Disboards. Typically you can save a bit of money per point and I do not find it as strict as David's (pay deposit, locked in if they find something). You will have to do your due diligence and check the board messages and references - but I have worked with one person for the last few years and the experience has been awesome.

ManmanMoana

Earning My Ears
    I’ve rented from disboards multiple times and have always had great experiences.

• tgropp

DIS Veteran
    I used daves as an owner, no issues. Did not know they are TICO which is a big plus to Canadians. But the rent/trade boards here are good as well.

I also have rented my points out through David’s. I have no idea what they charge per point but I always found the to be very professional

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
    I have also used David's in the past and had a great experience. The only problem I'm finding now is a lack of owners at in-demand resorts > 7 months. Tried to rent at Beach Club recently but they didn't have any owners with points. I'm finding a lot of these owners are now renting privately because they can get more money, often asking around $20 per point. There is always some inherent risk when renting privately unless you know the owner.

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
    I've used DVC Rental Store multiple times before purchasing and found them fantastic! I've also rented from owners directly on the boards too which was also easy.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates