Advice Needed!

3boys Disdad

Earning My Ears
I'm in big trouble with the family! Needed to reserve a 2 BR for 11/4-11/9 anywhere, didn't do it in time, and now I'm shut out. I guess I have to look off property now, which pretty much ruins the vacation for us right off the bat. In addition, if we're going off site I'm stuck with points that I can't use by 11/30, and I can only bank 50%.

Any advice on where I should look? It's a party of 6 ... 3 kids and 3 really big kids. :sad1::sad2:

you can get a room at Bonnet Creek, which is as close to Disney as you can get without being in a Disney hotel, and rent out your points to cover costs. Check out redweek.com for rentors or hotels.com has Bonnet creek for those dates.

ETA: it is a beautiful hotel also, but you might want to have a car rather than their shuttles.

Can you not rent your points and pay cash? All the resorts are booked, including SSR & OKW?

Sorry, I'm not much help. I usually stay at my Marriott's when not onsite. FWIW, Cypress Harbour and Grande Vista are beautiful. Rates are cheaper than Disney cash rate too. You'll need a car though since there's no shuttle service.

thanks both! I'll check those places out. I haven't stayed offsite yet so a little apprehensive, but I'm sure there are great places. hopefully I can rent out those points, I guess. just kicking myself.

Does everyone feel that no waitlist will work? How about a waitlist for 2 1 bedrooms? Is any new stock coming through at SSR? Really, 4 months out for November is that impossible?

Wow, I hope you get something..and get to enjoy your trip.

Bobbi:goodvibes

You don't have to use your points strictly at DVC resorts. Why don't you try to book one of the other resorts with your points like maybe Caribbean Beach or one of the others. You can also see if they have at least some of your days available and transfer during your stay. The concierge will be more than happy to transfer your luggage to another resort.

the guy at member services asked if I wanted to be waitlisted. Should I have? is there a good chance people will cancel, and if so how far before the vacation would they? I don't know if I can handle waiting until a week before!

as for availabilities, they could give me 3 nights at SSR, then I'd have to move to Port Orleans or Carribean Beach for the other 2 nights. nothing available anywhere else. maybe I should take that.

I would probably take the 3 nights at SSR and waitlist the other nights. If you can, do a back up reservation at one of the non-DVC resorts. No one can make any promises, but it seems as though something would come open somewhere; OKW or SS are so big and unless I'm missing something, that shouldn't be a really busy time (other than it's low points season). Sometimes it's amazing how quickly a waitlist comes through and you don't have to worry up until the last minute.

Take what you can get and go on the waitlist for the rest. I'd reserve at one of the Marriotts as a backup for the other nights you need. Sign up for Marriott's reward program (it's free) and use code M11. If your kids like water/pool slides - try Marriott Horizons (great pools with a pirate theme with 2 pool slides). We stay there in addition to staying DVC. Also, Marriott's Cypress Harbour is great, too.

I agree, Waitlist and have a backup plan, maybe use yoru points to check out another resort you like or maybe 2 rooms at Pop:) Good luck and let us know what happens

Personally, I would waitlist. We had a 2BR reserved for an Oct trip and when part of my family cancelled I called up and was able to get a 1 bedroom, which obviously put a 2br back in availability. Good luck :)

Also, ask if the other two nights that are not available on points are available on cash discount. We are doing that for Thanksgiving. That way the two reservations are linked together and you don't need to move.

It's a busy time of year because it's Jersey Week. Schools are out due to the teachers convention on 11/8 & 11/9, Many folks take advantage of this from NJ and spend the time at Disney, We are, 11/8 - 11/13 VWL one 2bed & two studios. Last year we stayed at Poly Club Level during the same time of year, The Concierge told me that 80% of WDW was booked to people from NJ.

I would take the SSR ressie & wait list for the rest. Also the back up for the remaining days at PO or CB.

Good luck, Maybe we will see you all down at home in Nov!

thanks a ton, everyone! this board is amazing. I really had no idea I'd get so much help so quickly.

I just got off the phone and I took the 3 nights at SSR, waitlisted the other 2 nights there, and also waitlisted 5 nights together anywhere. member services tell me I should feel very comfortable that I'll be able to get what I need. I hope so. I want to join all my fellow New Jersians (Jerseyites?) in our invasion of WDW!

In the meantime, now I'll take a look at those offsite hotels mentioned above and look to reserve one as a back-up. I still messed up by waiting so long, but at least I can now tell the family that we are in fact going home again in Novermber!

thanks again! I'll let you all know how the waitlist goes.

:goodvibes
thanks a ton, everyone! this board is amazing. I really had no idea I'd get so much help so quickly.

I just got off the phone and I took the 3 nights at SSR, waitlisted the other 2 nights there, and also waitlisted 5 nights together anywhere. member services tell me I should feel very comfortable that I'll be able to get what I need. I hope so. I want to join all my fellow New Jersians (Jerseyites?) in our invasion of WDW!

In the meantime, now I'll take a look at those offsite hotels mentioned above and look to reserve one as a back-up. I still messed up by waiting so long, but at least I can now tell the family that we are in fact going home again in Novermber!

Thanks again! I'll let you all know how the waitlist goes.

When in doubt, ask this board, they know everything!!!!!:thumbsup2 Good luck, I'm sure the rest of your days will come through! :goodvibes :goodvibes

You might want to check out the Swan/Dolphin for your waitlist nights.

I got an email from SouthWest airline today. They had a link to a new hotel in Kissimmee, Mike Ditka's Lighthouse Key Resort & Spa. I looked it up and it appeared to be a beautiful resort (although I know nothing about it, sadly, other than the fact that it just opened up).

Anyway, they had some massive villas, up to 4 BR, and very reasonably priced. You might want to check it out. Here is the link to SWA bargain and you can google the resort for the info about it. If we didn't already have our plans, I probably would check it out myself! Good luck http://www.southwest.com/hotfares/great_rates/mco66145.html

Make the back up reservation with cash - NOT POINTS! If you reserve the non-DVC resort with points, you won't be able to cancel it and use the points for SSR if (hoping when) the waitlist comes through.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter