• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Advice for Adult Birthday Dinner at Resorts or Disney Springs!!

hdb38

Earning My Ears
We are looking at going on Dec. 11th this year. We have narrowed it down to California Grill or Whispering Canyon Cafe. Open to other suggestions! Opinions and advice are appreciated!

Are you looking for sophisticated or fun? Because I can't imagine any good reason to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe for an adult's birthday. Their food is really meh. Are we talking 21 year old adult? Or 55 year old adult?

Last year, my family went to Teppan Edo for my birthday (40s-ish adult). It was okay. No worse than going to Benihana for a birthday or anniversary. (Yes, I've done that before a few times). But you're not looking for theme park options..... I looks like there are some decent theme park dinner options.

Anyway, considering the limited options at the resorts, for a birthday for an adult, I'd look at Sanaa, Trattoria al Forno, the Wave, or Kona Cafe (I don't care what people say - the food and cocktails are good there).

At Disney Springs, Jaleo is amazing. I've never been to the Orlando Morimoto, but I've had a great experience at one of the other locations.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs has a great atmosphere for adults. We went for my birthday last December (mid-30s). We were seated on the deck overlooking the water. Afterward, we went to a few bars that we’re all decorated for Christmas and did the Christmas Tree Trail. We had a great time!

Between those two California Grill is the clear winner. If you go around sunset you should faintly be able to see the Christmas castle projections.

We have eaten multiple times at both WC and CG. I think the foundation of your decision depends on the age of the birthday person. Younger children will appreciate the atmosphere of Whispering Canyon in my opinion. Most adults would love the quiet of California Grill. I personally like the food at both!! The selections are just different based on the type of eatery they are. Walter from Cincinnati at CG is an amazing person to have as your waiter. We always request him and a window seat. There is NO ONE like MT at the Whispering Canyon. She is the best!!! Through the years we have had so much fun with her and have asked her to really turn on the "act" when we have taken other adult couple friends there. All leave with so many good laughs of our great time with MT. DO NOT forget to ask for the catsup!! We normally go to WC for lunch and CG for dinner. Both are must dos for us when we travel from the Great State of OH!!! Go Bucks.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs has a great atmosphere for adults. We went for my birthday last December (mid-30s). We were seated on the deck overlooking the water. Afterward, we went to a few bars that we’re all decorated for Christmas and did the Christmas Tree Trail. We had a great time!

Another vote for Boathouse, have had lovely meals there.

California Grill has a great upscale feeling, but it's probably 3x as expensive as Whispering Canyon, so that's another factor (my husband and I def dropped like $350 in there a few years ago). You feel taken care of in an elegant sort of way (not sure how COVID changes this, as I haven't been back since re-opening). I *love* Whispering Canyon but I wouldn't only go there for an adult's birthday if you LOVE the food; it's ambiance doesn't scream "adult's birthday" to me.

Spent my husband's 30th at Cali Grill! For my bday we have done Flying Fish which I know is not open now, but this year we are planning Topolino's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter