Advice around changing 7 months out

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi I hope this makes sense- I’m from Uk and not confident using the dvc website for making reservations- I prefer speaking to someone directly at member services. Next May we are back at WDW . SSR is our home resort. We’ve booked 4 nights preferred at SSR, Then have 3 night Disney cruise followed by 7 nights preferred at SSR. Now the 4 days before the cruise we would ideally like our first night to save points and we’re arriving late to be a standard SSR then the remaining 3 nights ideally a studio at the Polynesian or another resort we’ve not been to before.

I’m thinking is it best instead of calling member services on 6 th Oct to change the reservation ( straight 7 months) to wait till the 7th Oct as I wanna be able to get the availability for the other 3 nights?

Or even as I’m typing another option came to me - should I call member services now and change the 4 nights preferred to a 1 night standard followed by 3 nights preferred SSR so come 7 months out I only need to change the 3 nights???

What do you guys think? Any help is really appreciated Thanks

Yes. I would take the last option. Call member services now to change to one night standard and three nights preferred at SSR. Then on October 7th, call them and request that the three nights preferred at SSR be changed to three nights at Poly.

Your time for going, May, a moderate DVC demand time, gives you a high probability of being able to do the switch you desire even without the suggested change to your current first reservation and with just calling to make the change. The studios that should be open at 7 months out at 9 a.m. eastern when calling are Poly, BLT lake view, BWV pool/garden view, AKV savanna and standard view, BRV, OKW non-hospitality house area view, and SSR both standard and preferred (and those SSR rooms are likely to still be available at 6 months out; CCV is still developing a pattern). For other studios, chances range from impossible (AKV value or club level), to very difficult (BLT standard and BWV standard), to difficult (BWV boardwalk view and VGF studios), and to some chance (BCV, BLT theme park view), and less so for any of those if time includes Memorial Day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter