Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit Round 2 Try it again?

Garneska will be coming in @ 8 Jan and I am sure The Rock Star will want it for a few nights so while it will be with us all she needs to do is ask and we will share

@FtW Mike, thanks yes in Jan we might like it a few nights. The rock star loves sitting out by it and i like roasting hot dogs over it :). I am just glad to see there is overlap. Hope we find someone for dec 10 to 22.

Thanks @tigger92662 Joe for getting the new pit and thanks @serenitygr for getting it safely to the fort. I believe we check in down the same day as Kris and Bert - Jan 6. Hopefully we can work something out and share during our stay.

If you guys plan on using it a lot, we will just swing by for a visit.

@snowmedic and his family will be down the week after Kris and I arrive.

Well it would have helped if I read the last couple of pages. I missed Mike being down and sitting for the pit.

Last edited:
I will be there Dec. 29 and checking out Jan 12, I can take care of it if needed.

Hi. Hopefully we can work something out. I only would like it one day. I would be willing to pick it from your site and return it the next day. Thanks

Our dates do not overlap. I check in the day you check out. I am already trying to arrange pickup with the person before me.

Bumping up for this to be on new page!

From the looks of it, I think we have 2 gaps still to fill!!! On FTWMike's dates, I altered them where we needed him, but on the other overlapping dates, I left them for those people to figure out on their own when to trade off!

@friendofeeyore I should be arriving at the FORT around 8 a.m. but I am flexible if you need me there at a certain time to pick up the pit from you. We are coming in from St. Augustine and are staying at a hotel there, so there is nothing to pack up and we plan on taking off early so that we can eat breakfast on the road!

Okay going in order through the thread, I am seeing for November/December:

1. SerenityGR 10/27 -11/11 (YAY for bringing it down!!)
2. SheBoz 11/11 - 11/17 (Pick up from FortWildernessCamper)
3. FriendOfEeyore 11/16 - 12/6
4. DMM 12/6 -12/10
5. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A GAP HERE
6. GuruSue 12/22 - 12/31
7. AMCC 12/28 - 1/3
8. FTW Mike 1/3 - 1/7
9. Eyeeore 1/7 - 3/7
10. RidesWithChrist 3/3 - 3/10
11. ANOTHER GAP HERE
12. TeamBradfield 3/18 - 3/28

People with overlapping stays:
SharlanFL: 12/2 - 12/6
DennaPerry: 11/17 - 11/21
SnowMedic: 12/29 - 1/12

We need someone from 12/9 or 12/10 - 12/22 & 3/10 - 3/18

I will also mention that while I do check out on the 10th from the Fort, I will still be on Disney property, but I will be at the Grand RPC and I don't want to haul a firepit into my room! LOL. I can take it but it would be in the bed of my truck! LOL
I head out on the 20th.

Disneymommymic what day will you PU the pit? I will let you know what loop we will be in & have it all ready for it's next owner.

On the 6th right after we check-in :)
Let me know what time you are planning on checking out @friendofeeyore because we can get there before then or we will already be there. We are just leaving from our stay in St. Augustine and can get there at any time!

Last edited:
Love this fort community!
We are checking in december 22 and leaving morning of december 31. Would love to enjoy the pit anytime during this stay.
Hi GuruSue, I’m picking up from you! First time with a fire pit at the Fort so very excited. Let’s coordinate when we are a little closer. We will be in a tent site. Ali

We will br there 11/16 thru 12/6th. We could keep it until someone needs to use it. We are hoping for loop 903.
Hi. Is there any way I can have it for at least 1 night Wednesday Dec 5th. Someone is coming in on the 6th and I can pass it on. I will also be staying in the 900 loop (hopefully). Thanks!

I checked back through the thread. it still looks like it needs a home after @serenitygr leaves on Nov 11. I saw someone is coming in Nov 16. @Boomer1 i know you are at the fort in nov and for sometime, are you able to be care taker for a bit? i know you hosted TFP#1. We will be down Nov 24 and will host if there is not already another caretaker.
We will be there from Nov. 9-20 and will serve as it’s caretaker as needed.

Completely UPDATED to this point in the thread!

From the looks of it, I think we have 2 gaps still to fill!!! On FTWMike's dates, I altered them where we needed him, but on the other overlapping dates, I left them for those people to figure out on their own when to trade off!

@friendofeeyore I should be arriving at the FORT around 8 a.m. but I am flexible if you need me there at a certain time to pick up the pit from you. We are coming in from St. Augustine and are staying at a hotel there, so there is nothing to pack up and we plan on taking off early so that we can eat breakfast on the road!

Okay going in order through the thread, I am seeing for November/December:
OFFICIAL LIST
1. SerenityGR 10/27 -11/11 (YAY for bringing it down!!)
2. SheBoz 11/11 - 11/17 (Pick up from FortWildernessCamper)
3. FriendOfEeyore 11/16 - 12/6
4. DMM 12/6 -12/10
5. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A GAP HERE
6. GuruSue 12/22 - 12/31
7. AMCC 12/28 - 1/3
8. FTW Mike 1/3 - 1/7
9. Eyeeore 1/7 - 3/7
10. RidesWithChrist 3/3 - 3/10
11. ANOTHER GAP HERE
12. TeamBradfield 3/18 - 3/28

People with overlapping stays:
SharlanFL: 12/2 - 12/6
DennaPerry: 11/17 - 11/21
SnowMedic: 12/29 - 1/12
Boomer1: 11/9 - 11/20

We need someone from 12/9 or 12/10 - 12/22 & 3/10 - 3/18

So glad the Traveling Fire Pit is back! Although I'm having second thoughts about it as previous pictures I've seen seem to show Jack could easily get himself into trouble. :scared:

serenitygr. I was wondering if boomer1 is arriving November 9 and since I won't be using #2 Firepit, that maybe boomer1 would want to use it and he could then pass it on to sheboz. It is fine to leave it with me on November 11 but didn't want to hold onto it if someone else could use it.

We arrive November 11-17. The pit would be great!! Thank you!

We will be there from Nov. 9-20 and will serve as it’s caretaker as needed.

The traveling firepit #2 is officially back! Just got put together and we’ll post a picture of her in the next couple days doing what she does best! Thank you again @tigger92662 !!QUOTE]

Maureen

Last edited:
serenitygr. I was wondering if boomer1 is arriving November 9 and since I won't be using #2 Firepit, that maybe boomer1 would want to use it and he could then pass it on to sheboz. It is fine to leave it with me on November 11 but didn't want to hold onto it if someone else could use it.
Absolutely fine if boomer1 wants her on the 9th- in the meantime I will be doing my best to keep jack out of trouble - I think I may have my hands full- he’s already been staring at it quite a bit tonight- makes me a little uncomfortable :scared1:

Yes, you can pick up the fire pit #2 anytime. We will be arriving on the 15th of Nov. Trying to extend our stay one more day. As soon as I know our site, will let you know. If all goes well, we will arrive very early on the 15th.

We were able to use the TFP#2 this evening! And I have to say - Jack has been on his best behavior! This could possibly be because I promised him if he behaved himself we would let him roast a marshmallow or two... I do think he could eat quite a few and it would not hurt him but I don’t want him to outgrow his Fort Wilderness shirt!

Having a fire sitting here at our campsite makes it feel a little bit like home. We have a fire 2-3 times a week all summer, and really miss that this time of year. So we’re definitely thankful we got a chance to enjoy it again:)
@Boomer1 let us know when you’d like to have her and we’ll be sure to get her safely to your site

6B2F0974-8970-489D-AAC2-6C21F5AD3BB3.jpeg BD736A1C-4154-4B49-A606-DBC7D1F11DB6.jpeg 59565BFB-5BDC-4A0C-8051-B6106F52E7F9.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter