Adventures By Disney

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Has anybody used their points for this? We are on the west coast and don’t won’t to go to WDW or a cruise but love Disney.

Anybody?

Have you looked at the point charts? I don't remember the exact number, but it's about a bazillion of points per person. Plus $95 fee.
The universal consensus is that it's not a great value. DVC is best used for DVC resorts and for cruising or ABD use cash.

Those point requirements are tremendous. Adventures of Disney in itself is a very expensive guided trip and when using points it's paying a premium vs what you could get renting out your points and paying cash.

If you don't want to use the points for WDW, HHI, VB, DL or even Aulani then I'd suggest renting them.

Or selling them, honestly. Depends on the frequency with which they get used.

Yes. I was thinking this was maybe just a year or two they did not want to visit WDW. But if they do not care to use the points for that anymore then selling would be my recommendation too.

Adventures by Disney is pricey, even with cash. But they do a marvelous job. They have great itineraries. They mix the iconic tourist destinations that everybody wants to see with some smaller activities that are amazing. They maximize use of your time. They have great local guides. They stay in great hotels.

If I had to describe the target market, I would say about half our group were Medical Doctors who had money to spend for vacation, but had very little time. So Disney’s offering was perfect. A great experience in a compressed time frame, and they do the planning.

I would not spend DVC points on it. You would be better off renting your points out and using the proceeds to pay for Adventures By Disney.

Ah, perfect! Thank you for all your answers! We will rent our points and use that for the Adventures trip

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter