Adventures by Disney through DVC

MagicallyMom

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me how many points you need per adult and child for the Philadelphia/Washington D.C. itinerary through Adventures by Disney? I'm still tying to price it if DVC would be a good but for us.

Thanks in advance! ♡♡♡

There are many more economical alternatives than buying into DVC for the purpose of exchanging out into Adventures, cruises, RCI, etc.

IMO, only buy DVC if you plan on staying at one of the core DVC properties at least every other year and you want to stay in a Deluxe accommodation.

Good Luck!

People will tell you: "They're you're points! Do what you want with them!"

That said: It is financially ridiculous to buy DVC with plans to use the points to ABD, cruising or Disney Collection. You can only do any of those things with the most expensive direct points, which means you have a high cost per point per year (CCV is $10.85/year; Poly is $9.69 if you bought today).

The numbers to buy DVC direct only make sense if you want to use those points for 11-month advantage for resorts that cannot be gotten another way (CCV) or that are limited in resale (Poly), or really small contracts (25-50 points anywhere else).

Just checking for my own knowledge, I know CCV & Poly are the only available ones at WDW right now, but isn't there another resort they anticipate adding in the next year or 2?

Just checking for my own knowledge, I know CCV & Poly are the only available ones at WDW right now, but isn't there another resort they anticipate adding in the next year or 2?
Until officially announced, any talk of a new DVC is just speculation.

They will always have something available to sell. Aulani is still active now, too. I'd expect the next resort to be announced in two years.

Adventure by Disney is extremely expensive point wise.
When I do an ABD I will do what I did to cruise DCL.

I rented my points which is a much better way. Extremely easy. I used Davids Rental and literally had
my points rented within 24 hrs. You really can't lose.
Kerri

IMO these extra use of points events are offered to increase the attractiveness of buying DVC for the novice buyer. If owner want to use their points on these events, they let you, they may make you pay a higher price and they charge you a $95 booking and change fee but hey, they are your points.

Interesting DVC, DCL, and ABD are all run by the same Disney President, and DVC and ABD are both run by SVP Ken Potrock. You would think that if they really liked us they could cut us a break on the cost, not charge us more.

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
There's MUCH talk about them making a DVC at a current moderate resort property. I googled dvc and Caribbean beach and there's a lot of info but no filings yet for actual construction it looks like but interesting. Will be a little ways out either way. More than 2 years.

Last edited:
994 points for 2018 compared to $6600 for 2 adults or $6.40 per point. That's in line with what cruises tend to be as well. IMO there has never been a time in the history of DVC where buying to use for cash type exchanges was a reasonable option and certainly not one where it's reasonable to buy retail and/or extra points for that purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter