Advantages of Buying DVC Resale | DVC Show | 3/1/19

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterJackie, Mar 1, 2019.

1. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

In this episode of the DVC Show, the panel discusses the advantages of buying Disney Vacation Club resale!

2. davedray

davedray Earning My Ears

You are making me more and more want to sign up. One question I have, if I by 75 points trough Disney, and then however many more I need via Resale (for this question, lets say another 75), would I be able to use all of my points at any DVC resort including the 2 new / future ones or just the 14 current ones? Thanks!

Spencer Wright likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Constantly craving a zebra dome...

Very excited to listen to this! I have considered resale in the past, especially to get a resort of choice. I am excited to learn more about this topic.

5. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

Only the 75 points bought direct from Disney can be used at the new/future DVC locations.

6. goofy kc

goofy kc Mouseketeer

Enjoying listening! I already own but this is nice positive reinforcement :)
    Will these shows be every Friday?
    I have a suggestion for a future episode - the financial 'reality' of ownership. You are agreeing to pay for much more than those points.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  7. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I've been listening just for general Disney knowledge even though we will never buy in. It's way too expensive, even buying resale, compared to what we spend for our trips. But I'm enjoying the conversation.

I totally agree with how enjoyable doing the DVC tour is. We did it a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Completely different than the horrendous experience we had doing the Marriott timeshare presentation.

8. Jogoco

Jogoco Grammy Disneyophile

Yes . . . If they are both at the same home resort, yes for 11 months on. BUT if they are at different resorts, you can combine them only at the 7 month mark. If they are at the same resort and have different use Year months, you just have to make sure the points will be reallocated for the date you want to reserve.

9. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

Feel the same way Steve, the conversation is fascinating, it's like eavesdropping on people in an exclusive club! I just highly have no interest, at all, about DVC. However, the conversation and the passion behind those who are in is awesome!

10. FoodieFriend

FoodieFriend DisneyFan

I'm glad to see Jackie participating in more discussions! I love her spirit & viewpoint!

Spencer Wright and SorcererHeidi like this.
  11. WebmasterJackie

WebmasterJackie Senior Content Manager for The DIS Staff Member Administrator

That’s so sweet of you to say! Thank you!! :lovestruc