Advantage to wait list with DVC?

GBPackers

Earning My Ears
Just joined the wait list yesterday through Disney. I do not currently have any membership points through DVC, so I have no Use Year preference. Could that give me an advantage to getting my purchase sooner than later?

I'd have to think it might but you'd also have to find out how they set it up...do they set up the waitlists by UY or is it one list and they just go down it until the find someone who wants the UY that is available...I might try and find out..

Have you checked out resale though? It can be quite the cost savings. We just closed today on our BLT add on and we save $7000 by going that route.

Good luck!

I looked at resale, and think its a great deal IF you know you will be doing a Disney resort every time. I know I will when the kids are young, but what if Disney builds a new resort? Resale DVC will not have access to these resorts, and could potentially be forced to stay at the home base every time. I at least want the flexibility of going to Non Disney resorts with some points before the price increases.

I looked at resale, and think its a great deal IF you know you will be doing a Disney resort every time. I know I will when the kids are young, but what if Disney builds a new resort? Resale DVC will not have access to these resorts, and could potentially be forced to stay at the home base every time. I at least want the flexibility of going to Non Disney resorts with some points before the price increases.

At this point, resales are not excluded from RCI trades.

If Disney built a great new on site resort that you really wanted to go to, you could rent your points. I must say that none of the present on site Disney resorts tempt me away from staying in the DVC resorts.

The idea of having to stay at your home resort only comes up here every so often. I THINK the concensus is that that can not happen to a subgroup of owners.

I agree the resale is so inexpensive, and may go that route to get more points. But I would like to have some of my points with no restrictions and once I get my use year I can casually window shop and try to get more resort points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter