Adults only trip- POP vs POR FQ

ldhr2005

Mouseketeer
Our yearly "family" trip we stay at POP mostly because my kids love it so much. I have tried to stay at other resorts, and they pitched a fit, lol.

Last year for our adults only getaway, we stayed there as well. It was convenient, familiar, oh and...cheap.:rotfl2:

This year we are doing another 3 night trip, and I was thinking that maybe we would do something different. We are hardly EVER in the room- basically just to sleep and shower. Because of that (and the fact that we rent a car) a deluxe just holds no interest to me for the $$$. I have heard wonderful things about PORFQ...Is is worth the extra $500???

I would say if you are going to plan to spend some time in the resort, definitely do POFQ - it is a lovely resort. I stay over at POR, but I often go down to DTD on the water taxi at night and POFQ just has a lovely vibe to it.

I have done an 8 day, all resorts, no parks solo trip at POR and absolutely loved it.

But for 3 nights, if you just plan on using the room as a place to shower and sleep, I would not spend the $500.00 for this trip (especially just for three nights).

Do try it in the future, when you do plan on spending more time at the resort and stay a bit longer.

We are hardly EVER in the room- basically just to sleep and shower. Because of that (and the fact that we rent a car) a deluxe just holds no interest to me for the $$$. I have heard wonderful things about PORFQ...Is is worth the extra $500???

POR and POFQ are both wonderful resorts. However, because of the bolded statement above, I don't think it would be worth $500 more. If you're only there to sleep and shower, you won't be enjoying the amenities that DO make them worth $500 more.

Thanks for the thoughts- honestly, that is what I was leaning towards as well. I *may* just decide to spend the $$ on deluxe dining to be able to eat dinner at some signatures that I never do with 2 small kids!

I stayed at POFQ in November with one other adult. It was small and quiet and we were very close to the bus stop, food court, and main lobby. I know nothing about POP and have never stayed at a value resort so I can't compare the two. You won't find anything spectacular at POFQ (at least I didn't), but it's a decent resort.

Thanks for the thoughts- honestly, that is what I was leaning towards as well. I *may* just decide to spend the $$ on deluxe dining to be able to eat dinner at some signatures that I never do with 2 small kids!

Now that is a perfect idea! Money best spent on some wonderful meals, sans the little ones!

We love POFQ, but usually stay at POP. It all comes down to cost - we can stay 4 nights at POP for the same price as 2 nights at POFQ or 1 night at a deluxe. We like to do one signature restaurant on each visit and do like to shop. Even though we stay at POP, we still head over to POFQ to hear Elliot Dyson perform on Wed thru Sat nights. As we are now retired and like to go to Disney 4 or more times a year, staying at a value makes sense as we can visit more often and/or stay longer.
But to help you decide - moderates offer a little more than values do.
Moderate extras:
Moderate resorts have a hot tub as well as the pool - great for soothing sore muscles after walking around the park all day. Towels are available poolside for the main pool so you don't have to bring the towels from your room.
Rooms also have a ceiling fan - great during summer heat.
All the moderates except for POFQ have a table service restaurant and counter service.
Main pools at moderates have a slide.
I believe that all the moderates have an indoor and pool bar - the values only have a pool bar.
Rooms at the moderates are a little larger and they have queen beds (or a king). Values have full beds (or a king).
Moderate rooms have a coffee pot.

I would go for POFQ/POR! Even though its more money I hear the resort is beautiful. The pools are very nice and I hear the food is good also. Another great plus for both of them is the boat that goes to DTD! This is a very convenient + for a resort esp since it will just be adults going. The price difference is not THAT bad when you include the xtra amenities....;)

Have a great trip!

-FantasiaMagic princess:

POFQ is super nice whether you are at the resort at all or not. It's VERY quiet and comfy:)

Our yearly "family" trip we stay at POP mostly because my kids love it so much. I have tried to stay at other resorts, and they pitched a fit, lol.

Last year for our adults only getaway, we stayed there as well. It was convenient, familiar, oh and...cheap.:rotfl2:

This year we are doing another 3 night trip, and I was thinking that maybe we would do something different. We are hardly EVER in the room- basically just to sleep and shower. Because of that (and the fact that we rent a car) a deluxe just holds no interest to me for the $$$. I have heard wonderful things about PORFQ...Is is worth the extra $500???

adults only trips are great opportunities to enjoy your resort, slow down and reconnect. PORFQ is very romantic:goodvibes.

I've done both of these resorts on an adults only trip...since I have no kids yet!

We stayed at POFQ on a 6 night trip and Pop on a 3 night trip (just this past weekend, actually). I have to say, for a 3 night trip, Pop was just fine. We knew that we'd barely be at the resort, so we figured we'd go as cheap as possible. I found the quality to be perfectly acceptable...it was very clean and pleasant. The bed was a little hard for my liking...but that's my personal preference. DH loved the bed.

We requested a "regular" room and were in the '50s building all the way at the end of the resort. It was very quiet down there, but I think that's because we were away from the hubub of the main area near the food court. I did not find the walk to be too distant from the food court, either.

I'd say to go for Pop if you don't think you'll be spending much time at the resort. No need to pay for something that you won't use.

I would agree with your thought to add deluxe dining instead of more expensive resort. It can be very fun to splurge on yourself in a restaurant you might not get to fully enjoy with two little ones!

Another vote for Pop, take the $500 and do deluxe dining, take a fireworks cruise, etc.

My thought is if you wanted a romantic weekend you could do that in any city at a deluxe hotel, but since you chose Disney and you know you are a sleep and shower at the hotel type...the room is not that important. If you google adult or romantic things to do at Disney, I bet you will find lots of fun adult ways to spend the resort difference! Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter