Adults going to MNSSHP; Are you going in costume? Share your pics here

I am going as Stitch an my friend is going as Tigger. Don't have pics yet.

IceSkatingPrincess said:
I think you should do it! & find penguins to bring with! haha

That works for me especially if they serve me dinner that has a complementary bill :)

Since people are giving ideas has anyone ever done a costume requiring full face/hand paint? I'm wondering how feasible that will be in Florida and if anyone has done it possible reccomendations on what makeup to get.

We love MNSSHP. We dress up almost every time we go. We have been a few different things. here are a few. the Monorail family and Miss Piggy and Kermit the frog. It was a lot of fun :)

Here is the back:

dwsandy, I hope you don't mind, but I made a version of the monorail shirts for myself, DH, & DD for our day at the MNSSHP in September. It's adorable! We'll be traveling for 10 hours on our arrival day and head straight on into the party. It's an easy way to be festive without the fuss of a major costume and accessories! While they aren't exactly the same, I did draw inspiration from yours!

We're going Oct 10th -- I'll be Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Even ordered a custom "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!" button. :D

Since people are giving ideas has anyone ever done a costume requiring full face/hand paint? I'm wondering how feasible that will be in Florida and if anyone has done it possible reccomendations on what makeup to get.

We'll be wearing full face grey, with dark eyes. We're ghosts. The best makeup I've found is by Ben Nye. We got ours in a handy little "wheel" with different colors that go with what we need to make the darkened eyes, shading, etc. and another to make the gray, lines, etc. We got it on Amazon. This is heavy makeup, and will stay on well if set with a translucent powder. We're using Mehron Powder. It has an antiperspirant (though let's be realistic - we're all gonna' sweat like pigs). :laughing:

This picture is of a fellow that was at the last MNSSHP we attended. He partied hard, and was not a small guy. His "hair" was starting to come off, but his makeup stayed on pretty well. It was pretty late when I took this picture I think.
4C4vER8.jpg

cool I'm planing to go as the wicked witch so i have to paint my hands as well, i'll have to look up that makeup ty!

cool I'm planing to go as the wicked witch so i have to paint my hands as well, i'll have to look up that makeup ty!

I'm going as Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy so I think we might need around the same color. I used Ben Nye last year for my Haunted Mansion ballroom dancer ghost. It worked great! I may have done a lot of sweating (hey, it was hot) and the makeup didn't smudge a bit.

I'm going as Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy so I think we might need around the same color. I used Ben Nye last year for my Haunted Mansion ballroom dancer ghost. It worked great! I may have done a lot of sweating (hey, it was hot) and the makeup didn't smudge a bit.

Awesome! If you find out the color number let me know theres so many different greens!

Awesome! If you find out the color number let me know theres so many different greens!

Look at what I found for you, FeralCatRogue!!
show_image.php

You can buy it here: Character-Makeup-Kits-Ben-Nye

Went last year as Peanut Butter and Jelly on toast. Picked up the costumes at Party City. This year, we're disney bounding as Scar and Simba. We'll have the same colors and ears but not completely elaborate. We're excited. :)

Even though I am not going to MNSSHP I am thoroughly enjoying reading this thread and thought I could maybe give a different view to the "I want to go as Ariel but I'm not sure if I want to show that much skin" dilemma. Last year my work had a Disney dress up day and I went as shipwreck Ariel. I was able to be covered, comfortable, and it's not a hot costume ;) I did add the sleeves because it had to be work appropriate but I attached snaps so they could be removable and more true to the actual costume. But you best believe I carried a fork around with me to comb my hair with ;)

I so love seeing these ideas! I decided for budgetary reasons not to attend the party (don't like M&Gs, parades or fireworks). However, I am now re-thinking because I love Halloween costumes! The more creative the better! Do people care if guest just want to take their picture in admiration of their creativity?

I so love seeing these ideas! I decided for budgetary reasons not to attend the party (don't like M&Gs, parades or fireworks). However, I am now re-thinking because I love Halloween costumes! The more creative the better! Do people care if guest just want to take their picture in admiration of their creativity?

You could just do the trick or treating and rides, and still have a great time. I must say I think that the parade and fireworks are one of their best ones they do.
We were stopped at least 6 times so strangers could take our photo. We did not mind, in fact I loved it. The cast members were great to, they gave us special certificates about our costumes. (this was at the end of the rides)

Even though I am not going to MNSSHP I am thoroughly enjoying reading this thread and thought I could maybe give a different view to the "I want to go as Ariel but I'm not sure if I want to show that much skin" dilemma. Last year my work had a Disney dress up day and I went as shipwreck Ariel. I was able to be covered, comfortable, and it's not a hot costume ;) I did add the sleeves because it had to be work appropriate but I attached snaps so they could be removable and more true to the actual costume. But you best believe I carried a fork around with me to comb my hair with ;)

That's a great idea. You look wonderful.

OMG!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! Wear did you get that wig? Do you sew? That is truely amazing!!!!

OMG!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! Wear did you get that wig? Do you sew?

Thanks! That is my real hair!:goodvibes I sew a little but my mom helped me out because she's awesome and I don't have a sewing machine but if I did have a machine I probably could have made it myself because it was super easy. The only sewing required was sewing a seam down the side and an elastic around the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter