Adult Only Ideas

Well that's disappointing because we were hoping to avoid the family beach. We can snorkel first thing in the morning and then go to serenity. Are you still able to snorkel at serenity bay and look at the marine life under the water?

You can... But do be aware that if the tide is out at Serenity Bay, it is OUT and the water might get to thigh level at best.

After many adult only cruises, we are taking our 1 year old granddaughter on the next one. Here is where we are melancholy about missing spending a lot of time that you might enjoy:
Satellite Falls
Cove Cafe
Second Seating dining (more relaxed)
Adult Only excursions
Evening adult entertainment in bars
Rainforest room
Tastings
Adult activities on ship like cooking event

Well that's disappointing because we were hoping to avoid the family beach. We can snorkel first thing in the morning and then go to serenity. Are you still able to snorkel at serenity bay and look at the marine life under the water?

Yes, as mentioned, you can snorkel at Serenity Bay. You will see marine life, but if you want to see the underwater Minnie and Mickey statues, then you should go to the family beach in the morning before going to Serenity Bay.

We would love to play the match your mate game! Any ideas on how to be picked for that?

In the times that I have seen the show, they pick three couples. One of the couples is the one that’s been married very recently. Often it’s people who are on their honeymoon. The second couple is the one that’s been married the longest. The third couple is one that falls in the middle. So you can volunteer to be that couple. If there’s more than one of the couples with the middle years of marriage they have some sort of a contest. I would suggest that you be prepared to dance crazy.

DH and I are taking our 3rd Disney cruise, and this will be the first one that is "kid-free"! We want to take advantage of all the grown-up things to do since we haven't been able to do that before. DS doesn't care for the kid's club so he is always with us. We are sailing on the Dream 5 night in June with a double dip to CC. We have already booked the couple's choice massage, dinner at Palo, and brunch at Remy. What other great adult-only things should we take advantage of during our trip?
Go to all of the "after hours" adult entertainment, like Match Your Mate. Those are some of my favorite cruise memories! And just relax at Cove Cafe with a book.

Funny you say this because I was actually wondering if that would have been possible had we booked a verandah room.

It is most definitely possible when you are booked in a verandah cabin, but it is also possible if you can make friends with someone who is staying in a verandah cabin on your sailing and doesn't mind you borrowing the verandah for a period of time.

Do you get an alert anytime the verandah club is mentioned or referenced here? :rotfl2:

Aslo...have you heard that some people are considering starting a "Gondola Club" at WDW once they are operational? ::yes::

I have a special sense, similar to Spider-man's. As for the Gondola Club, there was already one in the past before they took out the original Disneyland Skyway, as well the one at wdw Magic Kingdom.

I'm not brave enough to join the verandah club. It sounds intriguing to add a little "magic", but there are cameras all over the place, plus neighbors could look onto the verandah. Gotta give props to those who are brave.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It isn't that private .....is it?????

Nope. See the post after yours. There ARE cameras around. (Not to mention sound carries, so even if someone on their verandah isn't LOOKING, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what "those sounds" are. And as a caveat, the "private" verandahs on Serenity Bay are not THAT private either. Had the unfortunate experience of picking chairs in front of a cabana where the occupants didn't realize (I'm going with that over didn't care) how close the chairs for the general public adults of the ship are.)

Are you still able to snorkel at serenity bay and look at the marine life under the water?

The water is so clear at SB that you don't even need to snorkel to see the marine life! We've been up to our chests in water and still able to look straight down to the bottom of the ocean!

We would love to play the match your mate game! Any ideas on how to be picked for that?

In the times that I have seen the show, they pick three couples. One of the couples is the one that’s been married very recently. Often it’s people who are on their honeymoon. The second couple is the one that’s been married the longest. The third couple is one that falls in the middle. So you can volunteer to be that couple. If there’s more than one of the couples with the middle years of marriage they have some sort of a contest. I would suggest that you be prepared to dance crazy.

Above is a good description by SamFaniam. I would just add that to be the "middle" couple, it's best to act EXTREMELY enthusiastic when they first start to talk about volunteers. Stand up, jump up and down, and cheer loudly. They want people who they can count on to be very outgoing and potentially funny. Good luck!!!

We have been on 14 Disney cruises, and 3 of them were adults only. We found that just being able to leisurely hang around, knowing that no one is looking for us, is a pretty good vacation feeling. I dont know how old your kids are, but we have always had full days of lots of activities planned with them (not as many group activities now that the boys are 18 and 20, but we still meet up for trivia and games). I love doing things with my boys, and we have made some wonderful family memories while on DCL. However, just sitting in those big round loungers (in the adult-pool section) with my husband, while we just watched the water and chatted, was pretty great. Every day, we would go to our room and order room service, nap, hang out for a bit--our version of "happy hour." That is something we usually dont do when travelling with grandma and our boys. Do as others suggested, and go to all of the fun-sounding adult-only stuff at night, but be sure to just "do nothing" too!

Palo for Dinner or Brunch
Time in Hot Tub, hopefully alone.
Bring a bottle of champagne or wine and have drinks on the balcony, if you have one.
Go to the Adult Shows
Movies by yourself
Drinks together at any bar
Request a table for 2 for some private dining
Rainforest Pass ( you can purchase them over the phone by the day ahead of time)
Order room service for dinner one night and chill!
Serenity Bay
Excursion that you would have never done with your children.

Have a wonderful time. DH have done 3 cruise by ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter