Adult drinks on Castaway Cay?

M

mrsltg

Hi All-

Do waiters come around on the beach with pre-made alcoholic beverages? If not, do they come around and take orders for them?

Thanks-
Erin :D

At Serenity Bay, they came around and took orders. Not sure about the other beaches (no kids . . .yet).

Never saw them walking around with drinks of the day or ready made drinks, but there are plenty of waiters around taking drink orders. One of our waiters even brought us out a cooler to keep our beers and water cold.

I was on a four day last July and it was very hot at CC. The CM's had floating mini-boats filled with ice and conch coolers - yes, divine when they came to us on floats in the water - it was one of the highlights of my trip

that said, they also brought around water bottles (with a rather high price) and it was very hot. I encourage you to consider filling your drink mug (oh, no they won't have those anymore, will they?) with cold water from the drinking fountain at the bathrooms - stays cold and costs WAY less

the service at CC is terrific!
enjoy the experience of heaven on earth
Barb

They were on the family beach last month taking drink orders. I felt so sorry for them because they were in polyester pants and it was like 90 degrees! :earseek:

They definitely do find you on any of the beaches, and sometimes even in the water! When I order drinks in the bars on board, I generally don't add an additional gratuity over and above what is automatically added. But when the servers bring me a drink out on the beach, I generally add on a little extra. There's something so cool about having them bring out a konch cooler as you're relaxing in the sun and sand.
Barb

We were on the May 23, 2004 Wonder and those konch coolers were yummy! I wish that I had one right now.

Carol

Thanks everyone! This will definitely be a highlight as there is nothing better than having someone bring you a *free* (all it costs is my signature, as far as I'm concerned!) pina colada while relaxing on the beach!

Thanks again!
Erin :D

I will never forget the time a CM came right into the water on CC with shoes and socks on to deliver our drinks. That was definitly one of the highlights we had from our first cruise. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter