Adult/child credits on DDP

lauritagoddess

Doin' the Plush Rush
I know that they credits are pooled so there are no adult vs. child credits per se. But lets say we're at a CS place and there's nothing my child likes there. If I wanted to order two adult meals would they let me? I know they say that if there is a child's menu you have to order for the child from there, but would they just refuse to let me order a second adult meal and make me order a child's meal for him?

At Cs they would not force this issue (according to many people who have answered this) but at TS it is likely that he will have to order kids menu. HTH
Have a great trip! :sunny:

With the TS I think we should be fine because all but one meal we're doing buffets where I know I'll be able to find some things he likes. But he's not really into the mac & cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc. that seems to make up all the children's menus at the CS. If you think about it though the CM at the CS doesn't really know if I'm ordering for another adult too who just isn't standing with us.

Some CMs will let you do it, while others will only allow you to get as many adult meals as are listed on your card at one time. But I know people get around that, by ordering them separately, sometimes at a different register. So let's say you have one adult and one child listed on your card. You can go and get one adult meal, and then stand in line again and order another adult meal and noone will say anything. But if you try to get 2 adult meals, there are CMs who would not let you do that, because you only have one adult on your card.

lauritagoddess - my kids also don't like typical kid's meal food. Not a problem for the places we chose to have TS meals (thanks to the Menu's on Allearsnet) What we did for CS is I would wait online while my DH and the kids found seats. I would order 2 adult CS meals (combo meal, drinks, dessert) and we would share. If we were still hungry I went back up and ordered an additional adult CS meal and usually gave the dessert away to someone not on the DP( so fun making other people smile pixiedust: )

This way no could question me not ordering kid's meals as our room key said 2A and 2C and my kids got food they would eat. I did order an occaisonal kids meals if were at a burger type CS place and it there was something my kids would eat.

Enjoy

Your resort card will say something like 2A 1C. Some of the CMs will only let your order 2 adult meals since children are required to order from the children's menu.

According to the posts here most CMs will let it slide but your child is required to order off the children's menu.

Lewisc said:
Your resort card will say something like 2A 1C. Some of the CMs will only let your order 2 adult meals since children are required to order from the children's menu.

According to the posts here most CMs will let it slide but your child is required to order off the children's menu.

Hmmm...I thought they don't distinguish credits as adult and child?

They currently don't enforce distinction between the credits. That's subject to change without notice.

Lol....I have the opposite problem...My ds is 13 so considered an adult..we have the dining plan and Ds will probably want to order a childs meal :crazy2:

So even though we have paid adult price for him...I can see him ordering a childs meal in a few places. :rotfl2:

Amyg said:
Hmmm...I thought they don't distinguish credits as adult and child?

They don't. The card lists who is who so that you cannot order more adult meals than adults in the party. It has nothing to do with "child" or "adult" credits. There are no such things, but as Bicker points out, that is subject to change without notice.

Actually, that's not quite true because you can order however much food you want. Say you have friends joining you for lunch and want to buy their food, you can use your credits. Works at CS and TS meals.

LoveMyBoys said:
Some CMs will let you do it, while others will only allow you to get as many adult meals as are listed on your card at one time. But I know people get around that, by ordering them separately, sometimes at a different register. So let's say you have one adult and one child listed on your card. You can go and get one adult meal, and then stand in line again and order another adult meal and noone will say anything. But if you try to get 2 adult meals, there are CMs who would not let you do that, because you only have one adult on your card.

this is sort of what happened to us... and it was very frustrating and annoying...

we had only two ADULTS on my card and i wanted to order three adult CS meals (at mexico in epcot) and was refused by the cm! i was calm with her and said that i was entitled to them, and she was adamant that because i only had two people on my card i could only buy two meals at a time... i asked if i got back on line would i be able to, she said yes! i said i refused to let my meal get cold so i could get back on (a very long) line and to please give me the three CS meals (all off the adult menu as my card was only for adults) that i requested... she said no! i was starting to lose my cool by then... i less than calmly explained that i paid for TEN CS MEALS (two adults, five nights) and if i wanted to order all TEN of them right then and there to totally gorge my fat self or throw them to the birds or give them to strangers, it was my prerogative... she said NO!

so, finally, a manager showed up and said of course i could order three meals as long as i had the credits available on my card... she argued with HIM!! for a long time! finally, he made her do it and we got what was one of the most enjoyable CS meals we ever had... the food was excellent!

(oh, and why we wanted three meals... because we both wanted different combination platters and we both wanted nachos so we decided to go for three meals since we had the credits available -- not that it should matter to the cm!)

lauritagoddess said:
I know that they credits are pooled so there are no adult vs. child credits per se. But lets say we're at a CS place and there's nothing my child likes there. If I wanted to order two adult meals would they let me? I know they say that if there is a child's menu you have to order for the child from there, but would they just refuse to let me order a second adult meal and make me order a child's meal for him?

And I thought I had the only child in the world who doesn't eat PB&J, burgers or mac-n-cheese. :confused3 When I ordered my dining plan, I talked to some manager about this. His suggestion was to share the credits (and the meals). And before anyone starts ranting about abusing the system, I have every intention of sharing the child meals with her as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter