ADRs- selling?

Honestly, I think the problem is mostly nonsense and entirely overstated.

For my Party of 11, I had no trouble getting reservations at:
- Boma dinner
- Rainforest Cafe breakfast
- Steakhouse 71 lunch
- Via Napoli dinner
- Oga's Cantina mid-afternoon
- Brown Derby lunch
- Ohana dinner
- Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
- Space 220 lunch
- Space 220 Lounge lunch
- Space 220 dinner
- Teppan Edo lunch
- Mama Melrose dinner
- Kona breakfast

None of these required special apps or tools or bots. The only thing we couldn't get was Tusker House breakfast.

How many days is your trip. If it’s a 7+ day trip then it would explain a lot. People who are on 4 and under day trips will rarely have that type of luck with Space 220 and Ohana which are really the only difficult reservations you have.

“I didn’t have a problem so the problem doesn’t exist”. It does exist and it’s getting worse. I didn’t realize why until I read this thread. It’s saving me a lot of money because I’ve mostly sworn off table service because of it. This and walking DVC reservations needs to be fixed. Same animal, same result- you either need to join them abusing it or swear off peak reservations.

How many days is your trip. If it’s a 7+ day trip then it would explain a lot. People who are on 4 and under day trips will rarely have that type of luck with Space 220 and Ohana which are really the only difficult reservations you have.
It's a 10 day trip but we booked Ohana at 60+1 and Space 220 at 60+2.

What people don't understand is that inventory doesn't always magically load exactly at 60+10. Sometimes when you're unable to make a reservation, it's not because every table has been booked, it's because not every table has yet been made available to be booked. This is still a problem, but it's not the problem everyone thinks it is, especially when labor is still an issue and Disney doesn't exactly know how many bodies they'll have two months ahead of time.

WDW definitely appears to be holding back availability. I mentioned my inability to find availability for breakfasts at the Epcot resort area, Sanaa, Citricos, etc on my 60 +10 day ADR date. However, early yesterday morning (shortly after midnight), there was tons of availability at all the areas which I had been previously unable to book and I picked up the remainder of reservations I had previously been searching for. In fact, many of these restaurants, which had no availability on my 60 day +10 date, had availability almost every 15 minutes. So, for those of you who are still having issues, keep searching and hopefully something will come up. That said, I wasn't looking for the more popular character meals, etc.

I have had issues when booking too close to my vacation but when booking at 60 day mark I've yet to have a problem. Case and point, went in and got all 9 of my ADRs yesterday for my Jan-Feb trip. These included 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner at Topolino's. Also, all the big names were open as well... Citricos, Sanaa...

WDW definitely appears to be holding back availability. I mentioned my inability to find availability for breakfasts at the Epcot resort area, Sanaa, Citricos, etc on my 60 +10 day ADR date. However, early yesterday morning (shortly after midnight), there was tons of availability at all the areas which I had been previously unable to book and I picked up the remainder of reservations I had previously been searching for. In fact, many of these restaurants, which had no availability on my 60 day +10 date, had availability almost every 15 minutes. So, for those of you who are still having issues, keep searching and hopefully something will come up. That said, I wasn't looking for the more popular character meals, etc.
Same result for me. The restaurants ('Ohana breakfast was the main one) I wanted were not available at any point during my trip at 60+7 when I could book. At 60+1, they all magically opened up so I could book. And I'm seeing a lot more reservations I wasn't seeing before.

I had to book separate reservations for Space220 lounge and had to create another account to get 2 (2 at 11:30, 2 at 12:40 and 2 at 12:50). This was at 60+5 jan 2nd) Sometimes people are not dishonest but just stuck with an inefficient system. I’ll send a request through concierge to combine for our party of 5 (restaurant benefits so we don’t have an empty seat) otherwise we will switch (3 year old will have to skip) and 2 of us go at 11:30 and 2 at 12:40 pm. I’ll cancel 12:50. There were no tables of 4 or 6.

I will keep checking to convert the noon ADRs to a 4 top but I’m not hopeful.

Topolinos breakfast 60+6 didn’t have a table for 5 either so I booked 3 and 2, although resort restaurants are a bit more flexible in adding a guest to a 4 top. Space220 and CRT can’t.

Curious, how often were you searching for reservations? Were you looking around midnight daily or did you just so happen to be on the site around midnight?

Honestly, I think the problem is mostly nonsense and entirely overstated.

For my Party of 11, I had no trouble getting reservations at:
- Boma dinner
- Rainforest Cafe breakfast
- Steakhouse 71 lunch
- Via Napoli dinner
- Oga's Cantina mid-afternoon
- Brown Derby lunch
- Ohana dinner
- Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
- Space 220 lunch
- Space 220 Lounge lunch
- Space 220 dinner
- Teppan Edo lunch
- Mama Melrose dinner
- Kona breakfast

None of these required special apps or tools or bots. The only thing we couldn't get was Tusker House breakfast.
Wow!!!

And yet, the bots are also one of the reasons why average guests cannot grab reservations, since they create false demand. This turns into a self-sustaining problem. It's hard to get reservations so they make it even more difficult.
This is the problem, if people did not use these then they would go out of business. I wish people would reject these types of schemes. But it will be up to Disney to get their crappy IT to filter out bots.

It's a 10 day trip but we booked Ohana at 60+1 and Space 220 at 60+2.

What people don't understand is that inventory doesn't always magically load exactly at 60+10. Sometimes when you're unable to make a reservation, it's not because every table has been booked, it's because not every table has yet been made available to be booked. This is still a problem, but it's not the problem everyone thinks it is, especially when labor is still an issue and Disney doesn't exactly know how many bodies they'll have two months ahead of time.
I think this is what some just simply can't wrap their heads around
For whatever reason folks seem to think that if it's not there at the day they go to book it's never going to be there
It's simply incorrect.
Now I totally understand that checking repeatedly for an ADR is annoying. Thankfully having an app that is portable makes it easy to do when one happens to have a minute waiting (aka multitasking doing something else) so it's not all that hard to check. It is also where the sites that check for you come handy.

It doesn't mean there's not a problem where ADR are more complicated to book. On the other hand, it doesn't mean they are impossible to book. It doesn't take a 10 day trip to get the ADR you want. It doesn't take paying. It doesn't take jumping through hoops to coordinate drops with another. It does take persistence (at times).

Or even a $10 per person fee paid up front applied to your bill. I think that will reducing hoarding for sure. Not totally but a bit
I was actually saying this to my husband last night. They should charge $10 pp to make the reservation. If you show up, it gets applied to your bill. If you no show, you don't get your $$ back. It wouldn't stop hoarding totally but it would slow it down because people wouldn't want to put $$ out for each reservation.

This problem can be easily remedied by requiring full advance payment for the high demand restaurants..

For whatever reason folks seem to think that if it's not there at the day they go to book it's never going to be there
It's simply incorrect.
Now I totally understand that checking repeatedly for an ADR is annoying. Thankfully having an app that is portable makes it easy to do when one happens to have a minute waiting (aka multitasking doing something else) so it's not all that hard to check. It is also where the sites that check for you come handy.

It doesn't mean there's not a problem where ADR are more complicated to book. It doesn't mean they are impossible to book. It doesn't take a 10 day trip to get the ADR you want. It doesn't take paying. It doesn't take jumping through hoops to coordinate drops with another. It does take persistence (at times).
The problem is that if they are holding back. Then what is the point of staying onsite? Might aswell stay off site buy genie a few times to offset not having early magic hours and maybe do an after hours event to get on rise.

60+10 is completely pointless if they dont actually release the bookings at 60+10

The problem is that if they are holding back. Then what is the point of staying onsite? Might aswell stay off site buy genie a few times to offset not having early magic hours and maybe do an after hours event to get on rise.

60+10 is completely pointless if they dont actually release the bookings at 60+10
I'd never choose dining reservations as the reason to stay onsite. But that is a very individual party choice.
Heck, in our 10+ years of going, we have never booked our ADR more than 48 or so hours in advance unless it was a very special reason we needed it well in advance.
There's zero reason to stay on site just to book dining early in my mind.

ETA - and we eat 90%+ TS. I do not find QS at Disney to be particularly good.

Last edited:

They're not holding back for fun or to screw you over. They're still dealing with labor shortages. They don't want to overbook tables that they're then unable to staff.

It's simply incorrect.

It doesn't mean there's not a problem where ADR are more complicated to book. On the other hand, it doesn't mean they are impossible to book. It doesn't take a 10 day trip to get the ADR you want. It doesn't take paying. It doesn't take jumping through hoops to coordinate drops with another. It does take persistence (at times).

Thats the thing though, the ADR sites that continuously check for you and send texts have a fee (the only one i know of that doesnt is Touring Plans and its annoying to use since you have to reset the alert each time if you miss it).

It seems all people are discussing is shifting the payment from the bot that only searches, to the bot that searches and books, or the hoarder on facebook. Only one of those methods has guaranteed results.

Last edited:
Thats the thing though, the ADR sites that continuously check for you and send texts have a fee (the only one i know of that doesnt is Touring Plans and its annoying to use since you have to reset the alert each time if you miss it).

It seems all people are discussing is shifting the payment from the bot that only searches, to the bot that searches and books, or the hoarder on facebook.
Touring Plans works. Never said it wasn't annoying. But it does work
The other sites are free with an email

Bottom line, I was mostly trying to help folks who felt discouraged in regards to finding their desired ADR
They are out there. Folks are finding them and not paying for them.
Take the info and use it or not. Not skin off my nose either way.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter