ADR's: How difficult is it to get the early time slot?

portocall

DIS Veteran
We are going the week of Thanksgiving. We would like to eat at Chef Mickey's, Boma, Ohana, and Marrakesh and are hoping to snag 5:00-5:30 ressies as we are early eaters. Do I have any hope?

Those times are not any harder to get than any other. The peak dinner times are from about 5-7pm. The best way to get the ADR times that you want is to book on your 90 days and to have flexibility in your plans.

When I make my plan before I book I always will have my number 1, 2 and 3 choices per day. I will also have some days that can be alternated with other days.

Can't say what it will be like when you book, but I definitely found it more difficult to get earlier ADRs when I was booking for my September trip. I was online at 6:00 am on the dot on my 90+10 day, and still ended up with a 7 pm dinner (1900 park fare) and 1:30 pm lunch (Akershus).

And, of course, some restaurants are difficult no matter what time you're looking for. The only time I've ever seen an open dinner spot for Ohana during my week was for 9:30 pm! And trust me, I check at least twice a day.

Now, I am going during free dining and it seems to be a busy week, too (Sept. 27-30), so that may make a difference. I hope you have an easier time of it!

Well, it's not impossible. I definitely think you need to be online at 6am 90days ahead. I was able to get a 5:00 PM 'Ohana, 5:40PM Chef Mickey's & 5:50PM Teppan Edo, all during free dining at 6am on 90 days before. The later in the week that you book the reservations, it's more likely. Granted the 5:00PM '0hana reservation for a week when 'Ohana is mostly booked is on day 3.

We managed to get all of ours at 5pm ish...all except for LeCellier but thats ok, I'm sure we'll have a blast anyways!
:banana:

It might be a little easier if you try for a little earlier. Say....4:30.

We are going during free dining and I booked our trip inside of the 90 day mark. I booked on day 84, I think. On my first call I got 6 of my first choices and 2 of my second out of 9. All within 10-20 minutes of my desired time. It took me about a week to get the last one. I kept trying to get one of my second choices changed to a first choice. Which I managed to get about 3 weeks later. By then the online system was open.

In the past I have always been able to get what I wanted, with some patience. We almost always travel at peak times and I am not known for booking vacations in advance. At best I book about 3 months ahead but usually it's about 30 days out. So, it can be done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter