ADRs allowed for same meal, but different times?

Slightly off topic, what if I make my reservation for 4 people and only two of us show up? Will they seat only two of us?

We have booked more ADRs than we have DDP credits for because we're paying for some OOP.

We have breakfast ADR one day with dinner ADR that same evening. Since they are not the same MEAL, that should not be a problem, right?

:cutie: DD's signature

Just an update--I called to make my ADRs and then asked the CM about making 2 for the same meal. She said that they were not allowed to make 2 ADRs for the same meal, and that further, they had formed a team of people who audit the ADRs each night looking for duplicates. If they find them, the ADRs are supposedly canceled and the guests are not notified.

She then went on for some time about a meeting they had where they pulled up a list from one woman who had made around 57 ADRs for a 1 week trip! And who was apparently still calling in and making more, I presume, all unaware that they were being canceled. The CM was flabbergasted, and said that after that, they were forced to monitor things more closely.

She also recommended in this particular case, to just put one of the ADRs under someone else's name as it was a reasonable scenario and not an obvious attempt to circumvent the system.

Soo, I guess that's the current policy...for today, anyway. ;) I suppose the upside is that if they succeed in getting people down to 1 ADR/meal/day, things might open up more for walkups, last minute dining, etc.

I called today to confirm all of my ADR's and they are still there. I asked this CM if it was ok that I have two ADR's for the same resteraunt at the same time and she was the 4th Cm to tell me it was fine because they are for two different parties and have two different confirmation #'s even though they are both under my name and number. She assured me just as the other CM's that they will not be canceled because of this. I am not sure what kind of cases the Disney DIning Detectives are looking for ::cop:, but it is not mine.;)

Emom.. you should be fine we do this all the time, pay for breakfast out of our pocket and ddp in the evening.

Actually, we're using DDP for both of those meals on that day. But when you make reservations, they have no way of knowing which meals you will pay for and which you will use the DDP for.

Lots of people refuse to use 2 TS for CRT, and decide to pay OOP. They use that leftover TS some other day. (Such as for a breakfast and later and dinner.)

I can see them refusing to "double book" dinners, since so many people book multiple ADRs for one meal. But as one poster said, it gets tricky when "dinner" can begin at 3:00.

I have a 12:50 for Lecellier for lunch and a chef mickey at 5:10 for dinner they better not cancel mine I was just trying to schedule a lunch and a dinner at the times they had available. Yikes!

THANKS! Since I'm going to be booking for 2 different sets of people (myself and boyfriend and then best friend and her husband) I might do my stuff and then hang up and pretend to be her. This way we are covered all the way LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter