ADR Recommendations

Disney_Princess83

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

We are off to WDW in October 2013 for 25 days and absolutely cannot wait! :cool1: We have started to discuss where we would like to eat. We have been to WDW several times. We won't be on the dining plan as it simply doesn't work for us. We are adults but love character meals, which we usually do for breakfast. We generally only do one table service meal a day. If we do two, it's breakfast and a late dinner. Having lunch and dinner reservations simply doesn't work for us.

Currently we are looking at:

Character Meals
Tusker House
CRT
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
O'Hana
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey
Akerhaus

Other Meals
Jiko
Boma
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Be Our Guest
Tutto Italia
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Where else would you recommend? We don't want to do the two dinner shows (Hoop Dee Doo or Spirit of Aloha) as we have done them previously and didn't love them. Also for EPCOT, we're not sure how many table services we want to do as the Food and Wine Festival is on at the same time. We're not big eaters so would like to spend some of the day snacking.

Any suggestions? Any "must dos" on your list?

I'm excited about trying Cape May this year. Also we did Yachtsman for the 1st time this past OCT and it was amazing. (better than LE Cellier and amazing service).

Also love Narcosses and have a great view of wishes if timed right.

25 days!! Have fun!

Out of the character meals below, the only one I would scrap is 1900 PF dinner. The food was not good at all. But the step sisters were hilarious.

Tusker & CP breakfasts are my fave thou, as well as Ohana. Love it! :thumbsup2

Character Meals
Tusker House
CRT
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
O'Hana
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey
Akerhaus

From the list below, i would scrap Tony's. AWFUL food. Just horrible. I'd replace Tony's with Via Napoli (my fave). AMAZING pizza! Great choices otherwise. Tutto Italia is sooooo very yummy. And im dying to try BOG. Great list you have!

Other Meals
Jiko
Boma
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Be Our Guest
Tutto Italia
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

:thumbsup2

We love Kona for breakfast (Tonga Toast) and for dinner. We are also fans of Kouzzina for breakfast. We actually enjoyed the food the last time we were at 1900 PF for supper, and agree that the characters are a scream! I've heard mixed but mostly good for the breakfast there as well. We really enjoyed lunch with Remy at Chefs de France as well. I personally think Jiko is the best anywhere though, can't go wrong there!

Take a look at Teppan Edo at Epcot. Even tho we have picky eaters in the family; they all love it.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions and responses!

I'm excited about trying Cape May this year. Also we did Yachtsman for the 1st time this past OCT and it was amazing. (better than LE Cellier and amazing service).

Also love Narcosses and have a great view of wishes if timed right.

25 days!! Have fun!

Thanks :thumbsup2 We're going to add Yachtsman to our list. We were looking at Cape May but it appears Minnie and the Gang wear the same outfits that they do at Castaway Key? :confused3

Out of the character meals below, the only one I would scrap is 1900 PF dinner. The food was not good at all. But the step sisters were hilarious.

Tusker & CP breakfasts are my fave thou, as well as Ohana. Love it! :thumbsup2

From the list below, i would scrap Tony's. AWFUL food. Just horrible. I'd replace Tony's with Via Napoli (my fave). AMAZING pizza! Great choices otherwise. Tutto Italia is sooooo very yummy. And im dying to try BOG. Great list you have!

:thumbsup2

Ohana and Tusker is our favourite character meals too!We really want to do 1900 because of the characters/interactions so we might take the risk for the food as everyone had said the step sisters are absolutely hilarious so maybe worth it.

We need to add a table service in MK, without characters. Any other suggestions?

We love Kona for breakfast (Tonga Toast) and for dinner. We are also fans of Kouzzina for breakfast. We actually enjoyed the food the last time we were at 1900 PF for supper, and agree that the characters are a scream! I've heard mixed but mostly good for the breakfast there as well. We really enjoyed lunch with Remy at Chefs de France as well. I personally think Jiko is the best anywhere though, can't go wrong there!

We have added Kona, thank you! Can't wait to try the Tonga Toast. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for the characters as we have heard such great things.

Take a look at Teppan Edo at Epcot. Even tho we have picky eaters in the family; they all love it.

Added Teppan Edo, the menu looks great! Thank you

Our newly refreshed list is now:

Character Meals
Tusker House
CRT
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
O'Hana
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey
Akerhaus

Other Meals
Jiko
Boma
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Be Our Guest
Tutto Italia
Teppan Edo
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Kona

Sounds like a great list so far!!! I am very jealous of your trip!! :( But onto the good things...I would recommend:

California Grill: Beautiful views and equally amazing food. It's always a MUST do for me!

Yachtsman: I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this place! One of my friends who just got back said it was the most amazing steaks she has ever had...hands down! And that says a lot coming from her...she is a serious foodie!

O'hana: BUT for Breakfast. Last time we went, we thoroughly enjoyed the character breakfast at O'hana. The staff was great, the character interactions were good, and the food was great! It was family style so there was PLENTY to eat. I would highly recommend!

Hope this helps! I look forward to hearing more about you final decisions when the time comes! :goodvibes

Great list!! Lots of fabulous meals, and lots that are on my 'must try' list! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks :) The list is still evolving :lmao: But it's getting there :)

Sounds like a great list so far!!! I am very jealous of your trip!! :( But onto the good things...I would recommend:

California Grill: Beautiful views and equally amazing food. It's always a MUST do for me!

Yachtsman: I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this place! One of my friends who just got back said it was the most amazing steaks she has ever had...hands down! And that says a lot coming from her...she is a serious foodie!

O'hana: BUT for Breakfast. Last time we went, we thoroughly enjoyed the character breakfast at O'hana. The staff was great, the character interactions were good, and the food was great! It was family style so there was PLENTY to eat. I would highly recommend!

Hope this helps! I look forward to hearing more about you final decisions when the time comes! :goodvibes

Thank you! We have added Yachtsman and we will be doing O'hana for breakfast :) California is currently on the radar :)

Thought I would pop back and update our restaurant list. It's fairly long now :lmao: However we are there for 25 days. We prefer to have one ADR per day. We don't mind doing counter service but we like to take a break at least at one point of the day and just relax, even if it's at breakfast. Our general limit to ADR's is one per day, anymore and we feel rushed, especially if it's breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner ADR's.

MK

Be Our Guest
CRT
Crystal Palace
Tony’s Town Square - We have been and actually didn't mind it! It's not gourmet Italian food but it's still alright. We'll be making an early reservation prior to either MNSSHP or MVMCP.

AK

Tusker House - our favourite character meal at WDW so will probably hit this one twice.
Yak & Yeti Restaurant

EPCOT

Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia Ristorante
Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
Garden Grill

HS

Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre
Mama Melrose's Ristorante
The Hollywood Brown Derby

We were actually looking at doing the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, however it would ONLY be to get a photo with Agent Oso, since he doesn't meet anywhere else. Anyone have any advice about this breakfast? :confused3 We like character breakfasts so this might an addition one morning.

Resorts

O'hana (breakfast)
Chef Mickey (breakfast)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Boma (we will make our ADR on an AK day and probably do Tusker House for breakfast and this for dinner once the park has closed)
Jiko
Cape May (we might skip this one but for now, it's on the list)
Flying Fish
California Grill
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks all!

If it were me I would take off Tony's Town Square worst Italian food on property in my opinion. I have listed below by theme park and resort where I would go that are not on your original list. Also, my fiance and I will be doing Crystal Palace for breakfast (just the two of us) on our upcoming trip.

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Sanaa (only restaurant you can view the animals while eating)

Beach and Yacht Club:
Yachtsman's Steak House
Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner
Beaches and Cream - Good burgers and awesome ice cream

Boardwalk
Flying Fish
ESPN club - If your husband is a big sports fan
Kouzinna

Dolphin and Swan
Bluezoo
Shulas

Grand Floridian
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoossee's
VICTORIA & ALBERT'S - ULTIMATE ADULT DINING EXPERIENCE IN DISNEY WORLD

Polynesian
Kona Cafe - breakfast

Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Epcot
Via Napoli - Get the pizza and salad
Monseiur Paul
Teppan Edo

Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Brown Derby
Mama Melroses
50's Prime Time Cafe

Fort Wilderness
Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Hollywood and Vine in my opinion is the 2nd worst restaurant for food quality at Hollywood Studios behind Sci-Fi Dine In. I would replace Sci-Fi with 50's Prime Time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!