ADR near AK

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by cmorris303, Feb 16, 2017.

1. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

We haven't been to AK the last few trips, but have decided to go this year. I"m looking for suggestions of where you like to eat dinner or a late lunch TS in AK or close by. We will be coming from the Poly.
    Thanks!

2. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

In AK: Tiffin's if you're okay with cost, Tusker House if you're good with characters, or Yak&Yeti.

Otherwise, hop bus to AKL and eat at Sanaa for a lunch, Boma for a dinner. (Sanaa also works for dinner, truthfully, but depends on when you consider late lunch.)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. nursejackie

nursejackie DIS Veteran

I went to Yak & Yeti for the first time in December and will definitely be returning. I had a table upstairs at the window so did some people watching with my lovely lo mein dish.

5. RmeDad

RmeDad Grumpy's got nothing on me!

BOMA first choice, Tusker House next!

6. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

We like Rainforest Cafe for lunch and Boma for dinner.

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

In AK: Tiffins - we went there for lunch for the first time on our last trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. We plan to go back. We also like Yak & Yeti TS.

At AKL: Boma for dinner (it's a buffet with some African inspired dishes and other more familiar dishes). For a signature dinner, Jiko is excellent.

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family disney on my mind....

Tusker house has great character interaction and very good food - that would be my first choice in AK.
    If you don't want characters, then yak and yeti...

9. eastendlights

eastendlights DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti-best burger on property, plus a lot of other really good entrees and the decor is really fun. We have lunch there twice a trip.

10. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the suggestions. We've tried Tusker House before so I think we're going to go with Yak & Yeti.

11. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

BOMA!! Just take the bus over to AKL. Roma is seriously one of our favorites. I am the adventurous eater in the family so I love all the more "exotic" items, my DH is somewhat adventurous but still often prefers "basic" food and he can get both at Boma, while my 15 year old son is just starting to branch out his culinary horizons so he tends to stick with basic and is perfectly happy with the buffet at Boma (he can still load up on "kid" foods if he feels like it). We are staying at AKL for out July trip and I am so excited that Boma will be right there!

12. ThreeBoyMama

ThreeBoyMama DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti is great, but for a late lunch I would definitely head over to Kidani and go to Sanaa. You'd still be able to see the animals at that time of day, and we have always found their food and service to be excellent. You really can't go wrong though...lots of great choices near AK! :)

13. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

Our opinion, for what its worth, is that lunch is best done in the park with a CS. TS at lunch cuts into touring time.

14. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

I agree! We've never done a TS lunch before. I ended up booking dinner at Yak & Yeti.

15. rosiebean

rosiebean DIS Veteran

We loved Yak & Yeti during our late lunch last December. Had a late lunch at Tusker House the year before and was very underwhelmed, and previous visits to Rainforest were good but not "Disney" to us.

Of course you could head off property for late lunch, but...after sitting with a few cool drinks and great food at Yack & Yeti last year, we had enough energy to go on a few more rides at AK and had a ball doing so. Y&Y is now our (and by our, I mean my extended family with lots of siblings/cousins) go to place to eat in AK.