ADR help please

Nancyg56

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney as a group of seven in December and my ADR window is opening in a few days. There are three couples and some of the crew have different dining requests on a few days. We are all on the same reservation. I know that I cannot overlap ADR's and usually have no problems booking the separate meals on my DD MDE account, however I am not sure how to do this or if I can do this now. I think she is linked to the reservation because she is a guest, but how can I tell? I want to be sure that I still have the 180 + 10 for the ADR's on her account as well as mine. Oh my, the days when we all just ate together are long gone, and trying to get the "coveted" meals in two different places are crazy now!

Not to mention my nieces asked us to "wing it" for a few days. Nope. The beauty of a plan is that you can toss it out if you want to spin off, but without one you cannot regroup so easily. I am booking them a few meals alone so they have a break for us, but boy, I have a headache and have not even begun!

I thought I read that you can do overlapping reservations on one MDE account as long as you change who manages the reservation to someone else.

I thought I read that you can do overlapping reservations on one MDE account as long as you change who manages the reservation to someone else.

Hmmmm, I can see if I can figure out how to do that. So you know if my daughters account can be used for a 180 + 10 though? I am worried about how to manage all of thee people! LOL!

So, your room reservation is in your name and you want to make overlapping reservations for different party numbers? I thought as long as you have an onsite reservation you could make ADR's for any party size with 180 +10. And DD is linked so she should show up on the drop down list when you make an ADR. Then you are supposed to be able to change who manages the ADR- so 1 for you managing and 1 for her managing? I've done this but not at 180 +10.

So, I just tried a dummy reservation for next month. I put in my DH as the manager for ADR #1, then went in for the same time, same restaurant and put me in as manager for ADR #2. I was able to go through to book it. ( I did now just cancel the 1st and never confirmed the 2nd so I don't have ADR's I won't use. )

So, I just tried a dummy reservation for next month. I put in my DH as the manager for ADR #1, then went in for the same time, same restaurant and put me in as manager for ADR #2. I was able to go through to book it. ( I did now just cancel the 1st and never confirmed the 2nd so I don't have ADR's I won't use. )
Thank you!

Is booking an ADR harder for group of 9 at 180 days out?

I don't think so. I have always booked for a group of at least 7 and often as many as 10.

My concern was that becuase we are 7 and have several different requests for meals, and want some of the harder ones, I was worried I woudl not be able to split us up and book two different ADR's at about the same time.

My DD is coming over on Saturday to finalize and she said she will help me.

I don't think so. I have always booked for a group of at least 7 and often as many as 10.

My concern was that becuase we are 7 and have several different requests for meals, and want some of the harder ones, I was worried I woudl not be able to split us up and book two different ADR's at about the same time.

My DD is coming over on Saturday to finalize and she said she will help me.
We have 6 in my family (2 under 3) but I am told we have to include them plus 3 others. We perfer to stay together. I am booking next week and just hoping a larger group won’t limit our choices for ADR.

We have 6 in my family (2 under 3) but I am told we have to include them plus 3 others. We perfer to stay together. I am booking next week and just hoping a larger group won’t limit our choices for ADR.

I doubt it. You do need to include the little ones in the number. WHEn you make your ADR's try ot put teh most coveted ones further out. For instance I want California Grill so I am going to book it on the 8th night. BOG lunch is rough as well, so I am booking that on the 5th day of our trip and hope it is far enough out to get that one. I want ADR's in the MK that day because it is a "no party" day, and it is going to be packed. Skipper Canteen for dinner that night.

If you have 'Ohana or BOG, try to put them later in your trip.

I doubt it. You do need to include the little ones in the number. WHEn you make your ADR's try ot put teh most coveted ones further out. For instance I want California Grill so I am going to book it on the 8th night. BOG lunch is rough as well, so I am booking that on the 5th day of our trip and hope it is far enough out to get that one. I want ADR's in the MK that day because it is a "no party" day, and it is going to be packed. Skipper Canteen for dinner that night.

If you have 'Ohana or BOG, try to put them later in your trip.
Ahaha so ready to have some booked. Hehe. Thanks for the help! Hoping for ohana’s ( my fav) either CRT or akehurus, and fantasmic dinning package. I have a few back ups like 1900 park fare, chef Mickey etc.

Ahaha so ready to have some booked. Hehe. Thanks for the help! Hoping for ohana’s ( my fav) either CRT or akehurus, and fantasmic dinning package. I have a few back ups like 1900 park fare, chef Mickey etc.

WE usually book CM on the first night of a trip when we have newbies, however I think we are looking at Kona ( a request)

I like Akershus breakfast a lot and think the interaction is better than in CRT. WE are hoping to get Garden Grill for our EPcot breakfast, another request.

@Nancyg56 - Your ADR day must be very soon- Good Luck!! Let us know how you do and your ADR list!!

Sunday!!! I will let you know as soon as I am through. I am pretty nervous, and have no idea why.

My DD is going to come by and we will run through the list and look at the order I have. They just added Le Cellier so I have to work that one in. Our OOP meals are starting to add up.

I am also wondering if I should add a few TS lunch because if it is going to be busy I like ADR's in place. My word! I get worse instead of better! LOL!

Sunday!!! I will let you know as soon as I am through. I am pretty nervous, and have no idea why.

My DD is going to come by and we will run through the list and look at the order I have. They just added Le Cellier so I have to work that one in. Our OOP meals are starting to add up.

I am also wondering if I should add a few TS lunch because if it is going to be busy I like ADR's in place. My word! I get worse instead of better! LOL!
Keep us posted. I am Tuesday. We must be going at the same time!!

@Nancyg56 - Your ADR day must be very soon- Good Luck!! Let us know how you do and your ADR list!!

I wanted to report back how we did. I had my tabs opened and at first the website was glitchy so I used my ap. That was perfect for CG on Friday night and BOG lunch on Wednesday. I was able to book a few more for the 7 of us, but had trouble on a few so I went back to my computer. It was working so I booked as many as I could for the seven of us. WHen it came to splitting I did have some problems, some I could assign to my daughter and others woudl nto allow me.

I also inadvertantly booked 2 for today! YIKES!! I called at 7, got right through and the CM was able to book the one that I could not book with DD name, and she canceled my errors.

In addition to the above We were able to get: LE Cellier, Kona, Garden Grill PPO, Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V, Al Forno, Skippers. We could not book Coral Reef.

I also decided not to book a "special" meal for my Nieces yet. I am going to wait until after the CP packages are released, and then figure out our Epcot nights.

Keep us posted. I am Tuesday. We must be going at the same time!!

WE are going from 14th to 22nd, and are booked at OKW.

I wanted to report back how we did. I had my tabs opened and at first the website was glitchy so I used my ap. That was perfect for CG on Friday night and BOG lunch on Wednesday. I was able to book a few more for the 7 of us, but had trouble on a few so I went back to my computer. It was working so I booked as many as I could for the seven of us. WHen it came to splitting I did have some problems, some I could assign to my daughter and others woudl nto allow me.

I also inadvertantly booked 2 for today! YIKES!! I called at 7, got right through and the CM was able to book the one that I could not book with DD name, and she canceled my errors.

In addition to the above We were able to get: LE Cellier, Kona, Garden Grill PPO, Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V, Al Forno, Skippers. We could not book Coral Reef.

I also decided not to book a "special" meal for my Nieces yet. I am going to wait until after the CP packages are released, and then figure out our Epcot nights.

That's great Nancy!! Keep trying for Coral Reef- it's usually not hard to book that one. Maybe it's because of the CP packages not being released yet.

I've done the same thing- so excited to book a reservation that I picked the same day! The CM's must be used to that error!

Yay Nancy!! So exited for you. I am eagerly awaiting Tuesday. When you said you had all the tabs open do you open individual tiles with the restaurant name already in it with your group size party? Any trouble booking for the larger groups I think that’s one of those things I am hesistent about knowing that all of our reservations are for nine people. We are going the 16-21st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter