ADR excited but still questioning `

jwaters4

Earning My Ears
Think I finally finished off my ADR so excited. This is our second time to WDW and second time on Deluxe plan. We consider ourselves (even my 13 and 15 year olds) somewhat of a foodie family. So, I would love to know what you think and I have a few questions. THANKS

day 1: arrive at 11:30 and going to try for QS at BOG (still hoping to get a FP+ for this) then 8:55 for California Grill (hoping to catch wishes)

day 2: Boma at 8:00 am then Dinner at Artist Point at 8:00

day 3: Sanna at 1:15 and Monsieur Paul at 7:30 (keeping fingers crossed for one of 5 tables to see illuminations- I did not know there were only five! This was my plan for illuminations)

day 4: Brown derby at 1:05 and Jiko's at 9:05 (have FP+ for early Fantasmic)

day 5: Kona at 8:30 (just read they do something special at 7:30 should I change for earlier?) and Ohana at 9:40 (can we watch wishes and then make it to 9:40?)

day 6: tusker House at 10:10 and Hoop De Doo 8:30

so what are your thoughts?

sounds good. we love Kona for dinner, never had it for breakfast though. they have the most amazing macadamia nut butter and bread, the best teryaki steak too. As far as Wishes, if it is at 9pm you will have plenty of time to watch it on the beach and then walk back inside and up the stairs for dinner at 9:40pm. We always leave a little extra time for playing in their arcade. It is on the first floor, then we head up to dinner. The electric light parade is worth seeing too, while you are on the beach at Poly. have a great time!

Not a big fan of Sanaa... But I think you cannot go wrong ith all your other choices.

I suggest Sci-Fi Dine-in for a lunch. It's junk food but very good junk food with a fun atmosphere.

I was thinking of watching wishes at the park did not know you could view it from beach...
We did sci-fi last time and it was a lot of fun but trying something different. the only repeats are California Grill, Artist Point, Hoop De Doo, and Boma

I also recommend watching Wishes from the beach at Poly. We did this during our last trip and it was fantastic. The view is awesome and it is so beautiful out there. I think you will be cutting it too close if you watch Wishes at MK. There is always a mad dash for the exit after fireworks, so that will slow down your travel time.

Your dining plan looks fantastic! I think you'll have a wonderful time! Also, BOG lunch is definitely worth waiting in line for. The line moves quicker than you think it will, and this was by far my favorite meal of our last trip, even above the TS and signature dining we did. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

THANKS for comment about BOG. I keep trying to get a FP+ but think I am out of luck so was wondering how long the wait will be on Wed. Nov. 13th and if it is worth it. We will be getting to park about 2 so it will not be peak lunch time.

THANKS for comment about BOG. I keep trying to get a FP+ but think I am out of luck so was wondering how long the wait will be on Wed. Nov. 13th and if it is worth it. We will be getting to park about 2 so it will not be peak lunch time.

Not trying to be smart (or anything remotely like it!!) but I wonder why you can't get a BOG FP+... I ate there yesterday (the whole Family did Thurs) by making a FP+ ressie and all was done within 30 minutes. Like I used the BOG lunch website about 12:30 and got a 12:50-1:20 arrival time.

Maybe your week is super busy over now, but try the days you are in MK as well. Good luck! And it is totally worth it if you decide to wait in line. That's why I are there twice!

Have a great trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Definitely go straight to BOG if you are getting there around 2! They cut the line off at a certain point when it gets close to the end of lunch. We always went at the very beginning of lunch so I don't have firsthand info about the usual time they close off the lunch line. I think it depends on the crowds that day and how many people are waiting in line, since they have to get everyone in and out in time to prepare for dinner.

wondering if I am doing something wrong in the FP+ area. I have been trying for 2 weeks several times a day EVERY day we are there to get a FP+ for BOG and we are there during their SLOWEST time Nov. 13-20. It shows it is available when I am on dining page then click the FP link and it takes me to the FP pages and nothing for BOG just rides. What am I doing wrong? I actually called and for the first time EVER they were NO help. Don't even think they understood what was wrong. This NEVER happens when I call them.

I think your selections look great. Just my personal preference,but I would skip Sanna for another Epcot restaurant, as we can get great Indian food at home. You should definitely get to the Poly early and watch Wishes from the beach and then just go and check in for ressies. We always time dinner at Ohana to be able to watch Wishes on the beach. Watching Wishes at MK and trying to make a 9:40 is really pushing it, it took us 35 minutes to get out of MK and get to GF.

We have no Indian restrauants BUT I was really going to Sanna to see the animals... is that not a good idea. I will definetly change our plans to watch wishes on the beach now THANKS everyone! Maybe grab a "beverage" while we view!

I really like Sanaa and I would keep it if I were you. Also, Kona is our favorite breakfast on property. We eat there a couple of times each trip.

I booked our BOG fastpass through a different site not the regular fastpass site so maybe that is the issue?

The only restaurant in your list that I don't care for is Brown Derby. It's just never been worth the 2 credits especially when you have other signature restaurants that are better (IMO). Have you eaten at Narcoossee's? It's one of my favorite signatures especially if you are able to get a window seat and watch wishes.

I was iffy about Brown Derby and did not eat there last trip... But we wanted to eat in HS as we are doing a lot of park hopping for other meals and did not want to again! LOl We have eaten at 50's and Sci-Fi and although a lot of fun food is just not that great. We try to maintain a Paleo eating style and find that the signatures just work better. Glad to hear a good review about Sanna!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter