ADR coming up. What are your fave places to eat for a 6 year old girl?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
We're definitely doing CRT for lunch or dinner and Ohana breakfast. I know Chef Mickey's gets a really bad rep lately, but if we go into thinking the food is awful, will we still like the character interaction?

DDs fave princesses are Elsa, Anna, Pocohantas, Mulan and Moana and I don't think we can do character meals with any of them. CRT is a definite so I'm assuming Akershus would be a no since we may see some of the same princesses and DD will DEFINITELY notice if snow white looks different the next day or wonder why a princess doesn't remember her.

If you are doing CRT, I probably wouldn't do Akershus too.

The character interaction at Chef Mickey's is ok. For a Mickey and friends meal, we actually prefer Tusker House. The food and overall value, IMHO, are so much better than Chef Mickey's. If you'd like to one more princess meal, I would consider the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. 1900 Park Fare breakfast is also a lot of fun and you would see some of the Pooh characters plus Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

If you are doing CRT, I probably wouldn't do Akershus too.

The character interaction at Chef Mickey's is ok. For a Mickey and friends meal, we actually prefer Tusker House. The food and overall value, IMHO, are so much better than Chef Mickey's. If you'd like to one more princess meal, I would consider the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. 1900 Park Fare breakfast is also a lot of fun and you would see some of the Pooh characters plus Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter.

You pretty much just cited my whole list of favorite character meals! We did the Bon Voyage breakfast last week and thought it was great. Flynn had my 6yo daughter practicing her "smolder." (and then I had to answer "Mommy, what's a smolder?" later...)

Be our Guest for dinner is also outstanding (my daughter calls it "the Beast's castle"), also I would add Garden Grill and Crystal Palace.

Non character, Wilderness Canyon cafe though we have only done Breakfast.

We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast when we were there last year during Spring Break. It was my daughter's favorite meal (she was 6 at the time). The characters spent a lot of time at our table signing her autograph book & joking around. We thought the food was pretty good as well.

Our kids really enjoy the character interaction at the Garden Grill in EPCOT. Chip and Dale are so funny. We also enjoy the food for dinner.
Our kids also like 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and dinner. For breakfast we enjoyed Alice and the Mad Hatter. For dinner we love Cinderella's step sisters - so so funny. I understand going for a meal at CRT to see inside the castle but we enjoy Akershus much better.

We just tried the new character meal - Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk - the food was delicious and the characters were great.

We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast last year and the food was not awful. We were a party of 10 and we all enjoyed our meal there - we loved the characters.

We just returned a few days ago and my DD7's favorite restaurants were CRT, TRex, and the Bon Voyage Breakfast. I know CRT gets a bad rep, but everyone in our group thought it was the best restaurant on the trip. The atmosphere can't be beat and the food was spectacular. I got the vegetarian entree and it was delicious and the rest of the adults got the beef and shrimp. They said it was the most tender slab of beef they had the whole trip.

With Bon Voyage, you will see Ariel again as she's also at CRT, but Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and Prince Eric will be new. Every kid is different, but DD never mentioned that Ariel looked different. If you think she will be upset if Ariel doesn't remember her, you could always tell Ariel when she comes to the table, "It's great to see you again. (DD's name) had so much fun meeting you in the castle!" The characters are pretty good at running with hints like that. If you do Bon Voyage, have your daughter ask Flynn Ryder where he hid the crown. It's a totally cute interaction.

We just returned a few days ago and my DD7's favorite restaurants were CRT, TRex, and the Bon Voyage Breakfast. I know CRT gets a bad rep, but everyone in our group thought it was the best restaurant on the trip. The atmosphere can't be beat and the food was spectacular. I got the vegetarian entree and it was delicious and the rest of the adults got the beef and shrimp. They said it was the most tender slab of beef they had the whole trip.

With Bon Voyage, you will see Ariel again as she's also at CRT, but Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and Prince Eric will be new. Every kid is different, but DD never mentioned that Ariel looked different. If you think she will be upset if Ariel doesn't remember her, you could always tell Ariel when she comes to the table, "It's great to see you again. (DD's name) had so much fun meeting you in the castle!" The characters are pretty good at running with hints like that. If you do Bon Voyage, have your daughter ask Flynn Ryder where he hid the crown. It's a totally cute interaction.
Aw thanks for the tips!! That sounds so cute!!

My family loves chef Mickey....hands down our favorite! We eat there every year! Hollywood and Vine is good and much less crowded if your child is a big Disney jr fan. We've also eaten at Crystal palace for breakfast... It wasn't my favorite...or my kids. It was fine, but not as fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter