ADR Booking and Times

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Tuesday morning I am able to book ADRs for our upcoming trip and have a few questions.
  1. It opens at 6am online, right?
  2. If I select a restaurant and time, and I am looking later and see a better time, is it easy to change the time? Or is it a risk as I would need to first cancel and then rebook (which could end up losing the restaurant all together)?
  3. If I book something, I have until 24hrs before to cancel without any charge, right?
Two of our options are fine, but our third desired restaurant is on our Hollywood Studios day and I'm worried of it conflicting with the popular Star Wars Lighting Lane rides. So I would just take what I can get...but if time isn't ideal, may want to monitor for a better time (which probably isn't likely anyways as this restaurant books up quick)

If you have a LL that is conflicting with an ADR, blue umbrellas / guest services can probably change it for you (especially if you have screenshots that show the return time changed from your selection to your final booking of the LL).

Edit: you don’t need to cancel but can modify a restaurant ADR.

If you have a LL that is conflicting with an ADR, blue umbrellas / guest services can probably change it for you (especially if you have screenshots that show the return time changed from your selection to your final booking of the LL).

Edit: you don’t need to cancel but can modify a restaurant ADR.
Thanks. So even though you knew your ADR time when you booked your LL, they will let you change the LL time?

Good to know you "modify" vs "cancel and rebook". That makes it safer to try and change it.

Thanks. So even though you knew your ADR time when you booked your LL, they will let you change the LL time?

Good to know you "modify" vs "cancel and rebook". That makes it safer to try and change it.
Also, if a LL or VQ conflicts with an ADR, you can go to the ADR and show up late for the LL/VQ and still ride. Just tell the CM you had an ADR. I’ve read of them occasionally but not always asking to see the ADR in MDE or even to look at the receipt. It’s easy to work you into a ride queue, harder to work your party into a busy restaurant.

They will not let YOU change it. They will probably change it to another time for you.

I meant more...change it after my 60 day mark...but before our actual park day....say 30 days later I find a better time.
Not sure we are talking about the same thing. They will change the LL not the ADR. You can change your ADR yourself, if there are any available times.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing. They will change the LL not the ADR. You can change your ADR yourself, if there are any available times.
Great thanks. I think you are referring to on the day of....if your LL conflicts with your ADR. So ADR stays in tact...they will (hopefully) change LL to work around it.

My comment was related to my second question in the original post.

Great thanks. I think you are referring to on the day of....if your LL conflicts with your ADR. So ADR stays in tact...they will (hopefully) change LL to work around it.

My comment was related to my second question in the original post.
I got lost / confused but you didn’t, so that’s good :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter