ADR Advice

bubbapuck

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I a very new to Disney planning and am afraid I am going to screw this all up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It is almost time to make my ADR's for my trip from 1/29/19 - 2/6/19. It is a party of 8 with 5 adults and my 3 grand kids (boy 11, girl 8, and boy 4). I am on the regular DDP. Based on my plan I need to pay cash 3 meals. I know I have 2 sets quick service meals not accounted for but I am sure they will be used throughout the trip. Just don't have anything planned for it now. Please look over my plan and let me know any advice or issues you see. I am really not sure what to look for. Also, which ADR's should be my priority when booking them? Thanks!

1/28/19: Arrive at MCO at 4pm and taking the ME to Wilderness Lodge.
- Dinner at Roaring Fork or Quick Service in the Magic Kingdom if time allows (any recommendations?).
- If time permits, may hit MK for a few rides.

1/29: Animal Kingdom - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Flame Tree.
- Dinner will be at Roaring Fork / Contemporary QS place (any recommendations?)?

1/30: Magic Kingdom (Fantasyland / Tomorrowland) - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Be Our Guest
- Dinner at Ohana

1/31: Epcot (Future World Mostly) - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Coral Reef
- Dinner at Trails End

2/1: Hollywood Studios - Rope Drop
- Lunch at 50's PT Diner
- Dinner at Geyser Point (do they take reservations? Seems like a place that may get crowded)

2/2: Rest morning with afternoon trip to Epcot for World Showcase / Illuminations
- Breakfast at Whispering Canyon (Cash Meal)
- Dinner at Le Cellier

2/3: Magic Kingdom (Late Arrival - Other Lands Not Explored on 1/30)
- Lunch at Crystal Palace Character Buffet
- Dinner Pecos Bill's

2/4: Animal Kingdom (Late Arrival)
- Lunch at Tusker House Character Buffet
- Dinner at Satu'li Canteen

2/5: Hollywood Studios
- Lunch at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dining Package)
- Sci Fi Diner (Cash Meal)

2/6: Magic Kingdom (Flight doesn't leave until 8:15 pm - Any idea when ME will want us to leave?)
- Breakfast or Lunch Cinderella Royal Table after checkout (Cash Meal)

Any thoughts about my plan, places eating or order I should do my ADR's in?

Thanks... Ernest

My only advice will be not planning and ADR on arrival day, you can never be sure 100% how things will go, you are better off doing a counter service or once there check on the app to see if there is somebody open for ADR same day but I wouldn’t risk being charge a no show up fee with a big party like yours.

The good thing is that aside from BoG lunch, Ohana and CRT, you do not have many "high value" ADRs that fill up at 180. I'd check for Ohana and BoG first, and if you don't find a time that works for you, set up an account on Touring Plans and use their reservation finder to keep you updated.

My other piece of advice is if you don't get things you're looking for, keep checking! Things are always being dropped and you should never give up.

Hello everyone! I a very new to Disney planning and am afraid I am going to screw this all up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It is almost time to make my ADR's for my trip from 1/29/19 - 2/6/19. It is a party of 8 with 5 adults and my 3 grand kids (boy 11, girl 8, and boy 4). I am on the regular DDP. Based on my plan I need to pay cash 3 meals. I know I have 2 sets quick service meals not accounted for but I am sure they will be used throughout the trip. Just don't have anything planned for it now. Please look over my plan and let me know any advice or issues you see. I am really not sure what to look for. Also, which ADR's should be my priority when booking them? Thanks!

1/28/19: Arrive at MCO at 4pm and taking the ME to Wilderness Lodge.
- Dinner at Roaring Fork or Quick Service in the Magic Kingdom if time allows (any recommendations?).
- If time permits, may hit MK for a few rides.

1/29: Animal Kingdom - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Flame Tree.
- Dinner will be at Roaring Fork / Contemporary QS place (any recommendations?)?

1/30: Magic Kingdom (Fantasyland / Tomorrowland) - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Be Our Guest
- Dinner at Ohana

1/31: Epcot (Future World Mostly) - Rope Drop
- Lunch at Coral Reef
- Dinner at Trails End

2/1: Hollywood Studios - Rope Drop
- Lunch at 50's PT Diner
- Dinner at Geyser Point (do they take reservations? Seems like a place that may get crowded)

2/2: Rest morning with afternoon trip to Epcot for World Showcase / Illuminations
- Breakfast at Whispering Canyon (Cash Meal)
- Dinner at Le Cellier

2/3: Magic Kingdom (Late Arrival - Other Lands Not Explored on 1/30)
- Lunch at Crystal Palace Character Buffet
- Dinner Pecos Bill's

2/4: Animal Kingdom (Late Arrival)
- Lunch at Tusker House Character Buffet
- Dinner at Satu'li Canteen

2/5: Hollywood Studios
- Lunch at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dining Package)
- Sci Fi Diner (Cash Meal)

2/6: Magic Kingdom (Flight doesn't leave until 8:15 pm - Any idea when ME will want us to leave?)
- Breakfast or Lunch Cinderella Royal Table after checkout (Cash Meal)

Any thoughts about my plan, places eating or order I should do my ADR's in?

Thanks... Ernest

List of the top ADR's you need to get first

Be Our Guest
Ohana
Le Cellier
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
50's Prime Time
Sci Fi Diner
Coral Reef

If you decide on Cinderella Royal Table it's a pay upfront ADR. Just call and reserve at 180. It will need to be high on the list (maybe right after Le Cellier).

Check with your resort and they can tell you the time you are expected to leave for the airport. We were there last Sept and they change the time to 3 hours before flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!