ADR advice plz--AKL and monorail resorts

Ursula_Fan

Mouseketeer
Hi all--our 180 day window opens soon for our Feb trip. We will have grandparents along the entire time so DH & I are hoping to try a few new places for dinner without kiddos. We are doing a split stay between Kidani and VGF. We have 4 nights at AKL. Am aiming for 1 meal at Sanaa with everyone and 1 Jiko night for the 2 of us. After we switch over to VGF we are going to try to snag a V&A reservation but am unsure about the rest.

A few questions---
1) Boma--breakfast, lunch or dinner?
2) We will have at least 1 resort day at AKL--Sanaa for lunch or dinner?
3) Adults only meal--would you do Citricos, Narcoosees or Cali Grill? Am I missing a nice option on the monorail loop?
4) Spirit of Aloha at the Poly--worth it or meh?

Thank you!!

It does really depend on your touring plans...
1. Boma only serves breakfast or dinner. If you are having a Resort day, I would edge out Boma breakfast... it is a fantastic spread, and much more relaxed than the dinner experience.
2. Sanaa lunch edges out the win for me, because you can see out the windows at the animals during your meal. Either is a great meal.
3. Cali brunch is an amazing experience, if you can get ressie. (Sunday morning only). Our recent dinners at Cali grill have disappointed. Check out the menu at The Wave. We have had several fantastic dinners there! Not quite as fancy or romantic, but a great meal.
4. Citricos and Narcoosees are both very good. I would edge out Citricos for the win, based on atmosphere. I feel Narcoosees is a bit more crowded, with tables too close to each other.
5. Not on your list, but I must say, Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, has become our top pick for a special dinner. Food and service are exceptional.. especially for a romantic dinner for two. Easiest to Uber or taxi there. Quick trip from either resort.
You really can’t go wrong with any of the restaurants you are considering. Check the menus, and go by that.

Spirit of Aloha is, IMO, not worth it. Food is meh, and most of the show is meh. The highlight of the show is the fire dancer.

Hi all--our 180 day window opens soon for our Feb trip. We will have grandparents along the entire time so DH & I are hoping to try a few new places for dinner without kiddos. We are doing a split stay between Kidani and VGF. We have 4 nights at AKL. Am aiming for 1 meal at Sanaa with everyone and 1 Jiko night for the 2 of us. After we switch over to VGF we are going to try to snag a V&A reservation but am unsure about the rest.

A few questions---
1) Boma--breakfast, lunch or dinner?
2) We will have at least 1 resort day at AKL--Sanaa for lunch or dinner?
3) Adults only meal--would you do Citricos, Narcoosees or Cali Grill? Am I missing a nice option on the monorail loop?
4) Spirit of Aloha at the Poly--worth it or meh?

Thank you!!

1) You can't go wrong with either breakfast or dinner - I would pick the one that best fits your plans for the day.
2) Sanaa, any meal, during daylight hours so you can see the animals!
3) Would you prefer better food or a better view? Citrico's has the best food of the 3, IMHO, but the atmosphere isn't all that great. Cali Grill's view is stunning and being whisked up in a private elevator is always fun - the food is just ok, IMHO. Narcoossee's is lovely, but the food and service are subpar, IMHO. I would choose between Citrico's or Cali Grill
4) Spirit of Aloha is cute (Act 1 is corny, Act 2 has all the dancing and is pretty cool, IMHO). The sight lines can be tricky though. We like the food! We think HDDR is the better dinner show at WDW. It's not on the monorail, but if you monorail to MK then take a boat, it's not a bad trip. Or splurge and take a Minnie Van directly to Settlement Depot. If you are considering the dinner show with the kids, Ft. W, itself is really fun to visit!

1) Both.
2) Sanaa was doing morning CS breakfast. I got to watch one of the birds dancing while waiting. So fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!