ADR’s - online ressies

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
My ADR day for an Oct trip is tomorrow. I may not get up at the crack of dawn (as per usual) since I’m traveling with just a friend this time around. Much easier with 2 ppl vs a large family group, and we don’t have any super hard to get restaurants planned.

However I have playing around on the WDW website, and MDE app today & do have a question. I haven’t made dining reservations since last year and as far as I recall I used to be able to go to the dining page on the WDW website and then just search by the name of restaurant by typing in the name in the Dining search box. I always found that to be the fastest way when making hard to get reservations. I don’t see that option anymore. If I go to “things to do”, then “dining reservations”, I then have to select through various filters, either alphabetically (all restaurants), or go through the particular park or resort tab first. Is there any workaround for this? Just seems cumbersome to me, and I didn’t find MDE app to be any better 😬

Many thanks!

You can still search by names of restaurants on the Disney site. There's a small search area in the area right beside where you choose the language for the website (and right above the MDE drop down). I did a quick search for "Sci-Fi" and it pulled up the restaurant and when I clicked it took me straight to the full restaurant page. You can do a reservation from there.

You can also do the same with the MDE app, there's a magnifying glass at the bottom just click it and type in the name. It's far easier than looking at the map or thru the list.

You can still search by names of restaurants on the Disney site. There's a small search area in the area right beside where you choose the language for the website (and right above the MDE drop down). I did a quick search for "Sci-Fi" and it pulled up the restaurant and when I clicked it took me straight to the full restaurant page. You can do a reservation from there.
Ah OK! There used to be a search box right within the dining screen as well. But this should work, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!