Adding dining plan to exsisting reservation

sejeta

Mouseketeer
Right now I don't have the dining plan. If I were to add the dining plan will they have to cancel my original reservation to add the dining plan?

I tried to get the 20% discount but because I booked so early I'm actually paying less than the room discount. My numbers are pretty close and I'm thinking about adding the dining plan but if I have to cancel and re book than I'm going to pay OOP.
Thanks in advance.

No, they can add it anytime, if you are within 45 days you will have to pay the full amount when you add the DDP.

Have a great trip!!

If the reservation is a package they will not cancel it, they will just add the dining plan.

If the reservation is a room only reservation (not a package) it will need to be cancelled and rebooked as a package in order for you to add the dining plan. If this happens, you will have to ask if they can retain whatever discount you have when they book the package. There appears to be a way to do this, although not all the reservations CMs appear to know how.

If you add the FREE dining promotion, that will become your discount and you will lose any discount you got on the room when you originally booked it. So if you are not paying rack rate for the room, the price will be adjusted to reflect rack rate.

I do have a package so I'm glad I don't have to cancel and rebook.
I didn't get free dining because I'm going the first week in Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter